Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Something New is Coming to LnLT

Renzo Bulli

Sounds great, looking forward to this.

Just a small, humble suggestion: would you consider removing the tanks' shadows from the counters?

I don't think they add anything and I believe they make the counters less readable. Just a personal preference, that's all.

Keep up the good work!

seagles

I commute to work on a Tachanka. You would not believe the stares I get. Sheesh.

seagles

Man, that video is some heavy propaganda. That said, you can't deny the Russians are masters of the dramatic arts.

Robert Gunn

Sounds great, looking forward to this.

Just a small, humble suggestion: would you consider removing the tanks' shadows from the counters?

I don't think they add anything and I believe they make the counters less readable. Just a personal preference, that's all.

Keep up the good work!
I agree, please lose the shadow, better to see the information, sometimes less is more.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
IIRC, David said that there will be no Core Rules book anymore in the future boxed games. People that bought more than one boxed game (and I think it is the majority) were complaining of having many copies of the same rule book, of paying repeatdly for the same stuff and that it made the box too heavy for nothing (and that was with the smaller 4.1 booklet, not the hefy 5.0 book). It also had an impact on the price, of course.

I think it is a good idea, considering that it is also avalaible for free as a PDF

banania

Uh. That's a bit lame IMO. I can understand the reasoning for 4.1, but here, I fail to understand the validity of both arguments, since:
- The 5.0 was never printed as part of a boxed game, so no one can complain having too many of those, yet
- I don't see a difference in prices. If anything, it's even more expensive (99.99$ which makes it the second to most expensive behing HoNA at 104.99$)

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
The overall cost to provide the v5.0 or v5.1 due to cost and added shipping weight makes it impossible. Plus most of our customers already have it or will buy one and not need to receive one every time they order a game from us. Printing and shipping have gone up just over the last two years.

David

Ah great news! Thanks.

The Tachanka is cool, I thought the Soviets had phased them out long before WW II? Maybe they were improvised by cavalry units.

My thoughts on the above;
  • Lose the vehicle shadow from the counter
  • Include a printed rule book with the game

Last edited:

NewbieSalmon

I concur with everybody about the shadows, it makes reading the Armor Values harder due to the split hues. Aesthetically, it looks awesome and gives depth, but functionally - it does hamper it a bit. And I could be in the minority here, but I agree with the decision to make the modules actually "modules" and not standalone games. Putting the latest rule book in every boxed game is - as said - impossible, but keeping the outdated 4.1 version or creating an updated smaller-sized rule book is also impractical for reasons already stated. Being that the latest rules will always be digitally free (I assume), I don't find this problematic. Going the ASL route (extremely comprehensive core book with modules dependent on it) shouldn't be much of an issue I reckon.

But of course, mileages may vary. Just my two cents. This looks great so far!

Last edited: