Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Sorry but i think the popup hex info is a bad idea

Wiggum

Hi,

Sorry but i think the popup hex info is a bad idea. The old one was perfect, all it needed was the terrain height information and information about different stacking limits. The best thing was it was either always off ar always on.

This new "popup hex info" is very annoying since it is constantly "popping up" and going away. I cant even move it but anyway even if i could i would love to be able to disable it and keep the old one.

There are already many UI elements on-screen in this game and hiving a box constantly popping up while moving the cursor around is really taking the fun out of this game for me.
Played one scenario and it was not a nice experience. It ruins the UI for me, especially since there is no way to position it currently.

As i said, the old one only needed two more informations...terrain height and different stacking limits.
I could turn it "always on" or "always off". Perfect. I did not see anyone on the internet having a problem with the "old" terrain info so i dont know why work was put into making it...worse. Sorry Tom.

Having a box popping up and then going away as i move the cursor is really making the UI look messy.

Please, please add the two important informations to the "old" style hex info and make the new "popup" box optional...please!

EDIT: Just talked to a fried on discord. He also dislikes it and hopes it will be optional.

Last edited:

Jack Ruetty

I agree. I play with terrain info always on in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Found it a little distracting having the terrain box pop up whenever I hovered over a hex.

Jack

Last edited:

Wiggum

perhaps assign a hotkey that displays the new info when held down. Or scroll wheel press.

Hotkey could be a idea but it still would make the UI worse overall if there is no "always on" option.

But please no "mouse wheel click" that is a) strange to press and hold b) not everyone has it.

Ok, the new patch turned it off again although it says "for NOW" which almost sounds like a threat. ;)
Again, it should at least be optional sice it is definitely making the screen more busy and the UI less clean, also it blocks everything including the stacks in and around the hex you are focusing on (the hex you position the mouse)...thats bad.

If this "pop up" window is a "must have" for some reason then my idea would be:
1) Make the "Terrain Info toggle" pressed (ON) as a default and have this "pop-up" info window
2)Give the user the option the reposition the window (having it blocking a huge part of the map in the middle of the screen is bad)
3) Add an option in the menu that says "Pop-Up Terrain Info", if the user deactivates it we get the old style with the only difference that the default state of the toggle is "ON" instead of "Off".

Last edited: