Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Spanish Civil War

Renzo Bulli

Many (many) years ago there was talk of a module on that conflict being developed, I remember seeing some images of possible squads on the old website's forum. IIRC, one idea was for some republican militia to have variable morale to be determined randomly by 1d6 on each damage or morale check. An interesting concept, I think.

I don't think it ever got beyond this stage, which was a disappointment to quite a few gamers. I would have bought it for sure, as I would buy LnLT games on Korea, Indochina or the Arab-Israeli conflict. Just saying...

Maybe someone from the company can shed some light on the demise of that project?

banania

Well if it's any motivation for the designers to relaunch and complete that project:
- I think the LNL system is great to explore every facet of the SCS: war of columns, then full-fledged war, the May Days, etc.
- It would be an incredible opportunity to bring A GIRL to play the game. My girlfriend would play any game that has the Anarcho-Syndicalist spanish militias in it.

Vamos!

CAMALEON

I vote for it.
At this time, the only tactical game about the Spanish Civil War are the games in the "War Storm Series", "A las barricadas!" and "help arrives!" (simply a third edition of "A las Barricadas!").
But this system does not work well, and LnL Tactics feels much better system and more appropriate for this war.
I think that the "Spanish Civil War" can be a great idea and it can have future expansions.
For the core set, you can use for Nationalist: Regular, Legion and Moorish troops. And for republican, Militians and regular forces.
As a possible expansion, you can add the war in the North, with Requetés (nationalist) and Gudaris (republican), with new maps of the north of Spain, more mountainous and leafy.
Also, other expansion with the international forces, italians and international brigades for example.

Regards,
Luis