Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Spearhead v Reich

john connor

1660413935683.png

I think Spearhead V Reich is a great scenario to play as Allies. It's like an expanded Manhay (the base game scenario) - Manhay is strictly historical whereas S V R is slightly what-if. Main what-if being what if more forces were thrown at the Manhay battle, over Christmas 44, by both sides? It's tough for the Allies, I think. Attached an image from day 4 (of 15 days) showing only the surrendered/destroyed icons from both sides, normal counters hidden. AI looks to be doing well, I think.

john connor

1660639245220.png

Coming up to dawn Day 6. Day 6 (26th December 44) will be the Allies worst day, I think. From Day 7 on we start getting substantial reinforcements. As you can see I've been pushed back from Manhay and Grandmenil. The AI has done a really excellent job. Strong coordinated attacks. My artillery (all commanded by the AI, not by me) started to slow it during day 5. Losses on both sides are heavy, but much worse for the Allies. I think the coming Day 6 will be make or break for us. If the Axis AI manages to mount strong attacks they could get much further up the map, especially if the AI does some scouting and finds the various holes. The entire Allied Eastern flank is actually undefended., plus various very weak spots. Even where the brunt of Axis attacks has fallen, in the scrub and hills north-west of Grandmenil, where TF McGeorge has managed thus far to hold the line, that line is in fact very weak. So we'll see how far they get. During Day 7 I should be able to start counter-attacking.

Last edited: