Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Spotting attempt...when?

Stefano G.

Hello everyone,
i know it's incredible, considering how many times i played with LnL, but after about two months break i resumed to play with it and a never arisen before question has taken place now:
i have always considered spotting attempt to be performed as first "action" of unit impulse but, reading that a flying helicopter can spot only after having changed into hovering mode, i have a following doubt now : i.e. must hovering helicopter attempt to spot at the beginning of its impulse OR can (for example) fly, change to Hovering mode, and then SPOT (with eventual subsequent fire) in the same impulse?

Thank you a lot :)

Last edited:

Jeff Lewis

It doesn't have to spot first.

"Helicopters can attempt to spot enemy units and still move and fire in their impulse (spotting attempt does not place Ops Complete on the helicopter)."

"Flying helicopters cannot spot enemy units . . . They must first shift to hovering mode, . . ."