Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Squad Types

Gerry

Hello:
I have the computer game, Heroes of Stalingrad, and hoping someone here can help as the Matrix forums are dead.
Is there a list somewhere of the different squad types for Germany and the Soviets? Such as what is a 2-6-4 vs a 1-6-4 vs a 1-4-4?

Thanks,
Gerry

Barthheart

Staff member
Not sure what yer asking? 2-6-4 and 1-6-4 are full squads and 1-4-4 is usually a half squad... full squads have 2 men on the counter where half squads have only 1 man.

Gerry

Thanks for your answer. But I am good on that stuff.
I should have been clearer. Some squads have more firepower than others. And some have more range. In ASL you have things like 1st line, 2nd line, and conscripts. So I assume LnL has something similar for each nationality. Is there a chart with all these squad variations?

Gerry

Not sure what yer asking? 2-6-4 and 1-6-4 are full squads and 1-4-4 is usually a half squad... full squads have 2 men on the counter where half squads have only 1 man.
On a separate note I am wondering will the new LnL digital tactical series be somewhat like the HoS game? (I used to see you over on that forum a few years ago.)
Thanks.

Barthheart

Staff member
Thanks for your answer. But I am good on that stuff.
I should have been clearer. Some squads have more firepower than others. And some have more range. In ASL you have things like 1st line, 2nd line, and conscripts. So I assume LnL has something similar for each nationality. Is there a chart with all these squad variations?

Ah.... no there is nothing comprehensive like that as far as I know. In some of the modules they do tell you what are 1st line or second line etc, but not a general listing.

Barthheart

Staff member
On a separate note I am wondering will the new LnL digital tactical series be somewhat like the HoS game? (I used to see you over on that forum a few years ago.)
Thanks.

I'm in the beta-testing for this new game so can't say much but …. No. ;)

Gerry

I promise I won't barrage you with questions on little things. Just a big one; is the new game based on the LnL tactial boardgame?

Last edited: