Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Stacking

CrushRoller

Quick question: There are two SMCs in a hex. A third moving SMC can pass through them or not? (since the stacking limit is 2xSMC and enforced all the time i guess not).

On the other hand it seems very artificial if he can't since the hex is 50m.

Mike Nagel

Actually, I think they can. I don’t have the rules handy, but squad equivalency probably comes into play. Two SMC are equivalent to one MMC, so stacking should not be an issue.

hudson15983

Actually, I think they can. I don’t have the rules handy, but squad equivalency probably comes into play. Two SMC are equivalent to one MMC, so stacking should not be an issue.
You're thinking squads and half squads I think, he's mentioning smcs like Heroes or Leaders.

Rydo

Quick question: There are two SMCs in a hex. A third moving SMC can pass through them or not? (since the stacking limit is 2xSMC and enforced all the time i guess not).

On the other hand it seems very artificial if he can't since the hex is 50m.
In cases like this i'll let common sense beign used. 50 meters, just 2 men in it, a 3rd one can definitely pass through, so i'll say yes :)

Barthheart

Staff member

This is not correct. 2 SMC are not equivalent to 1 MMC.

seagles

I think the 2 SMC limit has more to do with "tactical" considerations than any reasonable limit to the number of human bodies you can squeeze into a 50m hex.