Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Standard maps

Hi all, I'm new to the series and started off with the Starter Kit and. ended up getting Heroes of Normandy. I'd love to get all the expansions for it but noticed that if I want to play We Stand Alone, that would mean I'd need to get X-maps/4X-maps. I have very limited playing space, but the standard maps are perfect size. I hope in the future you guys will look into offering standard maps for those of us who like the original style of maps, whether because of personal preference, or smaller footprint size on the table. I also noticed the Compendium maps are all X-maps as well. I'm not trying to nitpick, but for those who want to keep using standard maps, it would be nice to be able to enjoy all the products/modules/expansions seamlessly without having to pay more money to replace maps already owned. I mean if you guys decide to roll out a line specifically to be used with the bigger maps, fine, but it feels almost forced that we can enjoy a majority of the games in standard, but will run into issues if we want a certain expansion or to get the extra scenarios in the Compendiums. Just a suggestion. I love the game so far and definitely am looking into getting Heroes of the Motherland next. :)

John Sims

I agree. I prefer the style of the standard maps, and I have limited table space. The X-maps/4X-maps are too big and do not fit.

Nice to see someone else feels the same way and is in the same predicament. I'm in an apartment with limited space so I have to game on my living room table which isn't that big. I guess when the compendiums originally released there use to be the option to choose the standard or x-maps, but now they just come in the x-map size for some reason. Maybe one day we'll get an option to pick standard maps as an add-on kinda like how you can purchase the X-maps/4X-maps separately? That would be a great way to leave no one behind.

payen

I prefer also standard maps.
I have a question : i search for maps of heroes of normandy in standard mod.
I have these, in the initial version : band of heroes and they have white hex lines, that are bad for general view...

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Guys,

I am pretty sure we changed this so it also comes with Standard maps as well. I do know that one or two maps in one of the Compendiums were too large to fit on a Standard Map. Let me double check and I will let everyone know.

David

payen

and have you heroes of normandy (band of heroes originaly) standrd maps without white line ?

payen

thank you !
i have all the games : modules, compendium and every things but ofen in the fisrt version