Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Steam sale for Command Ops

J. van Limpt

I see that Steam offers all modules with a discount. Can we also expect such a discount in the store on this site?

Rosseau

You have completely screwed over your initial supporters, and I am done. Never been so annoyed about a game in my life, and games are supposed to be fun. Here are the facts:

1. I buy all the original CO games at Matrix. I don't want to even think what it cost me.
2. I pay $210 for all the new CO2 modules
3. I wait almost 1.5 years with no patches so the game can go on Steam
4. Other than the UI (which some people dislike), I am honestly not sure what makes CO2 so much better?
5. Steam buyers pay $82.44 after I payed $210.
6. We don't even get Steam keys for our trouble - maybe one day?

Then of all the good board games you own, you put "Tank on Tank" on Steam - a game that can't possibly compete with either Heroes of Normandy or Mark Walker's Stalingrad game, among others.

And the ironic thing is the customer base on Steam probably won't even realize what a great deal they are getting - financed by suckers like us.

rocketman

You have completely screwed over your initial supporters, and I am done. Never been so annoyed about a game in my life, and games are supposed to be fun. Here are the facts:

1. I buy all the original CO games at Matrix. I don't want to even think what it cost me.
2. I pay $210 for all the new CO2 modules
3. I wait almost 1.5 years with no patches so the game can go on Steam
4. Other than the UI (which some people dislike), I am honestly not sure what makes CO2 so much better?
5. Steam buyers pay $82.44 after I payed $210.
6. We don't even get Steam keys for our trouble - maybe one day?

Then of all the good board games you own, you put "Tank on Tank" on Steam - a game that can't possibly compete with either Heroes of Normandy or Mark Walker's Stalingrad game, among others.

And the ironic thing is the customer base on Steam probably won't even realize what a great deal they are getting - financed by suckers like us.
I get what you are aiming at, but isn't this always the case with all games? Those who pay up first pay the most and after a few years down the road it is much cheaper to buy and usually in a better state because of patches. Just check the Steam sale, not uncommon with markdowns of 75-90%.

Rosseau

Yes, the smart people wait for a sale and a patched up game. But we bought CO2 long before there was any indication it would be on Steam.

These are just my opinions. If others feel they have been treated well by LnL, that is fine.

J. van Limpt

Yes, the smart people wait for a sale and a patched up game. But we bought CO2 long before there was any indication it would be on Steam.

These are just my opinions. If others feel they have been treated well by LnL, that is fine.

I understand your annoyment, but personally I don't regret buying the modules if it secures the future of this game.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Guys,

I can't speak for Dave and game patches but I know he is very dedicated to this game and the CO2 fans. For myself (LnLP) we do our best to give a good discount for Pre-orders on our products. I know there was a really good discount when Panther came over to LnLP. We also now offer the core game for free, this allows you to see how the games works on your computer system as well as trying out the game.

As for the Steam Keys, it would have been easier for us just to say no to the Steam Keys but to be honest we always planned on giving our customers free Steam Keys. The delay has been simply a matter of time, and despite some comments, it's a simple thing to do, it is not a quick job. The programmer has been working with myself testing the Steam Key feature all last week and into the weekend. We had a few issue needed to address over the weekend. So yes we are late but we are VERY close to providing the Steam Keys.

Please make it clear no one cares about LnLP customers more than myself and I feel safe to add Dave as well.

David

*budd*

Communication here and on the Steam forums could be better, people just want to be informed. Hope everything is OK with Dave, hasn't been around in awhile.

*budd*

Hear what your saying. You just released on Steam, presence on the forums after release is important, a must i would say. Just hoping the Steam release is a big success and the series keeps moving forward.

Rosseau

Any serious war gamer on Steam would be foolish not to grab the $82.44 deal that cost some of us hundreds of dollars. But Steam will get its cut, and the average gamer will flip out about the price.

You guys are way smarter than me, but I remember Ian at Slitherine saying they put some of their harder core stuff on there just to grab a few more buyers.

The Steam keys for us are a convenience, no huge deal. I just added it to the list of stuff we supporters have not gotten and see it is being addressed. I'd still rather have another patch ;)

Rosseau

Any serious war gamer on Steam would be foolish not to grab the $82.44 deal that cost some of us hundreds of dollars. But Steam will get its cut, and the average gamer will flip out about the price.

You guys are way smarter than me, but I remember Ian at Slitherine saying they put some of their harder core stuff on there just to grab a few more buyers.

The Steam keys for us are a convenience, no huge deal. I just added it to the list of stuff we supporters have not gotten and see it is being addressed. I'd still rather have another patch ;)

Rosseau

Please ignore the first part of my post above about the price. I didn't notice the bundle discount is gone.

I also didn't realize the free game included the use of the editor. Does this also include the "estab" editor we paid so much money for back in the day? There have been no Steam user reviews of any of the modules. I think a more sophisticated Steam user will just use the editor to his heart's content. The normal guy might be lazy and buy a module. Good luck.