Steam Workshop

Discussion in 'Command Ops Series' started by ioncore, Oct 22, 2018.

1. ioncore

ioncore Member

panzerpit and Bie like this.
  2. Keydet

Keydet Member

This is an interesting surprise to me. :wideyed: Used the link and read the description and instructions. Caught flat footed. Intrigued and concerned at same time.

3. Bie

Bie Member

Good to hear, I'll take a look at the link later. Think Steam Workshop integration will definitely be a good thing for scenario creators. The easier it is to supply content the more people will try it it, and thus play the game.

ioncore likes this.
  4. john connor

john connor Member

Read it, but that's all double-dutch to me, Pavlo. What does it mean? You and Dave have decided to henceforth test new updates as public betas which we can all get via the SW? Or something else?

#4 john connor, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  5. ioncore

ioncore Member

Nope, it has nothing to do with official software updates or testing.
    Workshop is the Steam-based hub for people to share their custom maps, estabs and scenarios with others.
    No 3rd-party file storage, no blogs or something is needed anymore - everything is searchable and accessible from one place, and you get custom map/estab/scenario update as soon as content creator decided to publish it.

Public beta here means that this Workshop functionality itself will remain in the beta testing state for some time, until we prove it is working reliably.

john connor and panzerpit like this.