Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Steam

TMO

This is build 5.1.28. Take a look at the Force Data dialogue box.

Regards

Tim

TMO

Another question. I much prefer the sharpness of the graphics in the LnL downloaded game compared to the Steam downloaded game. Is there any way I can download in Steam and then copy into my LnL directory?

Regards

Tim

john connor

Another question. I much prefer the sharpness of the graphics in the LnL downloaded game compared to the Steam downloaded game.
Regards

Tim

Interesting. I've noticed no difference whatsoever in the graphics quality. Is there one, really (devs)?

TMO

As you can see both images taken at the highest map magnification. I did some measurements:

Counters, 6mm x 5mm in LnL; 8mm x 7mm in Steam.
Control bar height, 5mm in LnL; 6mm in Steam.
Force data box, 4.2cm x 9.5cm in LnL; 5.3cm by 11.8cm in Steam (Note the glitch in the LnL box, so not a completely fair comparison.)
Control box, 4cm x 4cm in LnL; 5cm x 5cm in Steam.

I think the larger dimensions in the Steam version compared to the LnL version, in my view, contribute to the slighly fuzzy quality of the Steam graphics.

Regards

Tim

TMO

LnL
upload_2020-12-1_14-8-36.png

Steam
upload_2020-12-1_14-5-58.png

Writing not as clear in Steam version.

Regards

Tim

TMO

The difference in definition is most noticeable in the start-up screens.

Regards

Tim

GoodGuy

The difference in definition is most noticeable in the start-up screens.

I use to get the very same effect when I run the original HTTR (max. resolution 1280 * 1024) on a monitor with a native resolution of 1920 * 1080. Many TFT-Displays don't fully support other resolutions than their native resolutions, so it looks like one of your game versions pulls a diff. resolution. Did you change the font scale for the resolution used for the LnL version, by chance?

The counters, the minimap and the force window in the Steam version are bigger than in the LnL version. EDIT: I wonder if your font scale is set to over 100% when running the LnL , so that the game can't fully display the text in the existing real estate (windows), which is noticable in the Force window. The text in the minimap seems to use a diff. font, so the engine has no problem to fit in the text/numbers, there. It just might deal with the diff. resolutions you seem to use, though.

TMO

I don't do anything differently with my LnL or Steam versions. As you can see from the Start-up windows the Steam text is slightly bigger and noticeably less sharp.

Regards

Tim

Last edited:

john connor

Yeah, but Goodguy is trying to help you, TMO, because it's not normal what you're seeing. What's normal is there's no difference at all.

Here's my 2 opening dialogues from my steam and LnL versions:

4.png

5.png

They're exactly the same, I think.

So maybe try to check out the things Goodguy suggests as causes?

It's really weird, that - that they draw differently.

Did you try picking your actual resolution in the steam resolution dialogue, as opposed to leaving it to match things automatically? Just in case.

And as Dave said, did you absolutely make sure you are using 100% windows scaling?

Last edited:

TMO

I know Goodguy is trying to help, he always does (we go back a long way!). The shots you show look perfect! Not like mine. Tried actual screen resolution rather than automatic but doesn't make any difference. How do I check 100% Windows scaling? All my other graphics look good.

Regards

Tim

TMO

Ok, had a quick search and 100% scaling in Windows 10 seems to be the default, so don't see how that could have changed.

Regards

Tim

john connor

1.png

It could easily have changed. Whether it's default or not depends on many things.

Type in the search field, as above. Select that option - 'Change the size of text...etc' by clicking it in the list (it's the big blue field at the top). This will get you the screen below:

2.png

Make sure the dropdown is set to 100%

TMO

Did a complete uninstall of Steam and reinstall under new username. For Start-up options now have:

LnL
upload_2020-12-1_21-42-29.png
Steam
upload_2020-12-1_21-48-39.png

Which looks identical to what I had before.

Regards

Tim

Attachments

• upload_2020-12-1_21-40-55.png
    upload_2020-12-1_21-40-55.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 2

TMO

Sorted!! Thanks to all of you especially John, Dave and Gunnar. Scale and Layout had been set to 150% (don't understand how!). Setting to 100% and all looks good. Also sorts out the problems I reported with 5.1.28. One last puzzling thing, why if I had the wrong Scale and layout settings was 5.1.28 (LnL) displaying as if all was good apart from the Force data dialogue box? Huge thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread!

Regards

Tim

TMO

And special thanks to John for the screenshots which allowed me to understand how to fix it. A picture is worth a thousand words, thanks John.

Regards

Tim