Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Strategy or tactics readings

Hello,

Could you recommend me readings concerning strategy or tactics. The goal would be for me to learn how to conduct an attack or a defense.
French readings would be great, but first easy to understand if english ones.
Regards,
Jean-Marc

compin

Hello,

Could you recommend me readings concerning strategy or tactics. The goal would be for me to learn how to conduct an attack or a defense.
Regards,
Jean-Marc
Bonjour à un compatriote!
Je vous conseille "tactique théorique" du Colonel (son grade à l'époque de la sortie du livre) Michel YAKOVLEFF : Le livre est épais mais c'est extrêmement brillant! sinon "Tactique générale" de l'armée de terre française. Les deux sont en vente sur Amazon.

Hello,

Regards,
Jean-Marc
If you want to try the English ones, there is a US Army discussion of combat strategy and tactics by military service branch in an on-line archive of WWII-era Army field manuals. Discussion at regimental levels and higher tend to include more combined arms activities touching on several battalion level combat branches: