Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Suggested play order for scenarios in all "main" sets

Fnord

Getting into a new game system like LnL can be a bit tricky for a new player, this I would suggest that any future games come with a suggested play order and how much of the rules you need to have read in order to play them. The very first LnL module (Forgotten Heroes V1) did this (in the rule book it would say something like "Stop, you are now ready to play the following scenarios:", which meant that you could learn the game piece by piece. While I understand that with the current core rulebook, you can't implement this quite as easy, but you could have it in the module specific rules (i.e. for the following scenarios, you need to have read the rules up to 15.1).

I'm basing this on my experience with Heroes of the Blitzkrieg and A Day of Heroes, both of which lacked this. Obviously expansions would not need this, unless they have a lot of additional rules that can be tricky to learn.

Jeff Lewis

It's certainly something to consider.

As far as a play order for existing modules, the short answer would be by date, as I always see modules based on the progression of a battle or part of the particular war not on the difficulty of the scenario to play.

Eddie Carlson

I like the idea of programmed instruction. Conflict of Heroes did this very well by slowly introducing concepts of infantry combat and then slowly added more fluff. Each scenario is presented with the programmed instruction, so the earlier missions are easier and the later missions more difficult.