Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Supply for Command Ops 2

Daz

My most important feature request is:
For the release of Command Ops 2, please, please, make sure the supply mechanics work 100%.
Even if there are bugs in other areas, or some game balance issues, its vital that the supply works.

Nothing kills a game, and brings in disgruntled customers like a broken supply issue.
You would just need to take a look at the Paradox forums, for the release of Hearts of Iron 3, a few years ago to see what I mean!

Just as in real life, the supply is the make or break of the offensive, or defence, and needs to be working properly before the game can be released.

That's my number one feature request.
Thanks in advance for listening ;)

john connor

+1 to that. And I would crave more user control of supply routing and choices. As an option. I would like to be able to micro-manage supply. I would like to be able (with time penalties etc, no doubt) to direct supply between bases and units and direct the paths taken to get to units - again, as an option.

john connor

Fixing? All those things Daz has mentioned previously are what I assume he means, Dave - you know, those things you've kept careful note of over the last year or so, right? ;)

For myself, that's my wish list above, for developments in supply AI. I have to say the supply AI is superb now compared to what it was before though. Very different. Massively improved over when I used to go on and on griping about it.

john connor

Well I did put in a good deal of effort to fix things. WHat I want to know from you and Daz is what in your opinion still needs addressing re supply.
I haven't noticed anything broke, Dave. Das has posted a few things though, and sent you saves, I believe. Don't recall what they were now. Last one was suspension of supply getting stuck like that, I think.
Your labours were very effective, I think. If I hadn't already thanked you copiously I'd do so again. But I don't want to embarrass you....
Peter

Daz

Well this lot here does for a start,
I'll post the link incase you missed it.

https://groups.google.com/forum/emb...r-games-public-forum/tech-support/9mkJFJYK7_E

This one here does as well:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3692761

I was also referring to paying extra attention to supply in the play testing, in case anything has inadvertently affected the mechanics that already exist, and any new features you manage to fit into the supply mechanics, like being able to select your own MSR, and avoiding known or suspected areas of enemy influence, that haven't been reconnoitred yet, but the player suspects is enemy held terrain.
Supply sharing, especially of basics, removing the paralyzing effect from lack of basics, temporarily cross attaching units with similar equipment to bases with compatible supplies.

I'm sure I can think of many more, but obviously you only have so much allocated time to implement these features, and its unfair of me to expect many of them to be included.
All I ask is that whatever you manage to include, works ;)