Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Supply question

Bie

I've got a quick question about supply points.

For the moment I'm still playing through the Red Devils over Arnhem scenario. I'm at noon on day six. Up to day five I've been able to hold on to the airborne supply drop point. During the night I had to redeploy and abandon the supply point as there was to much pressure put onto it. For the moment my airborne troops are defending Oosterbeek and doing a good job at it I might add. Basic supplies and ammo are still ok. Artillery ammo on the other had is just about depleted. But obviously supplies need to get through soon. The reinforcements are coming and can hopefully link up with my paratroopers shortly.

So my question:
- Will the paratroopers be supplied by the road supply point if there is an open route?
- If so, and if I don't manage to secure the main highway, will my resupply convoys move through unscouted secondary roads (orange control).

I've got a quick question about supply points.

For the moment I'm still playing through the Red Devils over Arnhem scenario. I'm at noon on day six. Up to day five I've been able to hold on to the airborne supply drop point. During the night I had to redeploy and abandon the supply point as there was to much pressure put onto it. For the moment my airborne troops are defending Oosterbeek and doing a good job at it I might add. Basic supplies and ammo are still ok. Artillery ammo on the other had is just about depleted. But obviously supplies need to get through soon. The reinforcements are coming and can hopefully link up with my paratroopers shortly.

So my question:
- Will the paratroopers be supplied by the road supply point if there is an open route?
- If so, and if I don't manage to secure the main highway, will my resupply convoys move through unscouted secondary roads (orange control).
Supplies are drawn from any available SEP at the flow rate that SEP was designed to support. Means that if only 25-percent of the necessary supplies for the scenario's full Order of Battle are available via your road SEP, your airborne troops will be supplied from that point, but at less than optimum levels as more forces arrive via road, Assuming the scenario's supply allocation was designed to historical standards, the Arnhem operation was designed to allow the Airborne troops to seize and hold out at the bridgehead with air dropped supplies expecting a relief force and resupply effort via road on the fourth day.

The dynamics of SEPs are explained starting on Page 113 of the Version 1.1 game manual.

simovitch

As I recall, the SEP at the LZ dwindles to nothing as the SEP for 30 Corps activates at the south end of the map on Hells Highway. Your airborne bases will try to draw from that, but will be successful only if the road bridge in Arnhem and subsequent path to your airborne bases are clear. Keep in mind that the airborne bases do not have the wheeled capacity to keep things moving so after the 4th or 5th day you will be hard pressed either way. As Jim mentioned above, check your supply schedule tab to get an idea of how this scenario activates and feeds the SEPs.

Some airborne units may try to draw from 30 Corps bases, but the game mechanics usually preclude a unit from drawing from anything other than it's organic base if it is on the map. A gamey tactic is to send your depleted bases on suicide missions with the hope that units will draw from the fat 30 Corps bases.

Bie

As I recall, the SEP at the LZ dwindles to nothing as the SEP for 30 Corps activates at the south end of the map on Hells Highway. Your airborne bases will try to draw from that, but will be successful only if the road bridge in Arnhem and subsequent path to your airborne bases are clear. Keep in mind that the airborne bases do not have the wheeled capacity to keep things moving so after the 4th or 5th day you will be hard pressed either way. As Jim mentioned above, check your supply schedule tab to get an idea of how this scenario activates and feeds the SEPs.

Some airborne units may try to draw from 30 Corps bases, but the game mechanics usually preclude a unit from drawing from anything other than it's organic base if it is on the map. A gamey tactic is to send your depleted bases on suicide missions with the hope that units will draw from the fat 30 Corps bases.

Yes, on the sixth day the airborne SEP dies off and only the wheeled SEP remains.

For the moment I'm a far way off taking the highway bridge in Arnhem. Yet the railway bridge at Oosterbeek is in firm control. So, how about I let my airborne bases cross that bridge. That way they can be resupplied by the wheeled SEP. As the airborne bases are not wheeled anyway, they can then supply their units from across the railway bridge. I'm assuming this would work, not sure though.