Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Tank on Tank Digital is like Popcorn

ArmyHist

The initial feel is this is like popcorn at a movie - you keep reaching for more. Easy to play out of the "electronic wrapper", but all players should both download the manual and review the helpful hints. I loved watching the long gunned PK IV clank across the screen. What is surprising is the ease of play and the superb portability that was accomplished with the game.

Two small things - the lack of an undo button like Panzer General - it was the first thing I looked for in my first game. The ability to increase a screen can't be done in mid-game which seems odd compared to other games. The facing arrow might seem to fluid for some players though it wasn't for me.

Trent Garner

Hello ArmyHist,

Glad you are enjoying the game, it means our hard work is paying off! Great analogy by the way, who doesn't like popcorn?

I agree, reading the friendly manual is a good idea. The game isn't difficult to pick up, as you note, but there are some subtleties that might not be discovered immediately, otherwise. The in-game hints are very helpful, but the manual is far more in-depth.

We appreciate your feedback, as well, thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Trent

ArmyHist

Trent:

Far harder than it looks to win. I have to not move so much (it's a real armor thing).

Smitty

Easy to learn but hard to master. One has to play the scenarios several time to win. Good job!!! Hope to see more digital games soon.

ArmyHist

Great to hear the digital versions are as addictive as the hard-copy games, and maybe more?

A very addictive Digital Port of Tank on Tank. In 15 plays, not a single IT related issue. It's like popcorn or dry roasted peanuts for me, you just want more. Two or three games turns into several hours. (I just posted that on the Panzer Digest FB Page).

The initial feel is this is like popcorn at a movie - you keep reaching for more. Easy to play out of the "electronic wrapper", but all players should both download the manual and review the helpful hints. I loved watching the long gunned PK IV clank across the screen. What is surprising is the ease of play and the superb portability that was accomplished with the game.

Two small things - the lack of an undo button like Panzer General - it was the first thing I looked for in my first game. The ability to increase a screen can't be done in mid-game which seems odd compared to other games. The facing arrow might seem to fluid for some players though it wasn't for me.

where is the manual?