Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Tank on Tank Westfront, combat modifiers

Jackard

Hi,
I just bought the game and love it. I have a question though.
Does a single unit firing add +1 at his roll ? Or the +1 bonus for each firing unit applies only with at least 2 firing units (I played like that my first games but maybe I'm wrong).
Thanks.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Yes, you need to add the + 1 even if only one unit is firing! +2 if firing from a flanking position.

Hi Guys

I don't think that is correct. You do not add a +1 when only one unit is attacking. As an example, if three units are attacking and one is flanking it would be a +3. If no unit is flanking then it would be only +2.

David

Jackard

Hi Guys

I don't think that is correct. You do not add a +1 when only one unit is attacking. As an example, if three units are attacking and one is flanking it would be a +3. If no unit is flanking then it would be only +2.

David
Hi,
Your way is interesting too. But the rulebook simply said "add +1 for each firing units". There is no example so I'm still not sure how to play it.
I tried multiples ways, and well the game's great anyway but I'd like to know if one option appears better for the game than the others.
For now I keep playing with +1 for each units, even so it's just one unit firing.
As for your example of three units firing and one is flanking, to me it would be a +4. But on a french boardgame forum, some people play your way too. Kind of "+1 for each units firing -1".

Gabor Venczel

I think the rulebook is correct: "Roll two six sided dice (2D6) sum them, and add the number of firing pieces" It does not say that exclude the first firing piece, or add the number of firing pieces above the first.

Jormungandr

Gabor is correct - "add the number of firing pieces" means you count ALL firing pieces.

Peter B., designer of the Tank on Tank series