Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

The Bear & The Jackal in LoF15

Jeff Lewis

Line of Fire #15 is now shipping. It's definitely an issue that flatters the LnL fan. It contains The Bear & The Jackal, depicting combat in the Soviet/Afghan War. It uses the Soviets from Heroes of the Gap. Contains two up-sized maps of Afghan terrain. Counters for the Mujahideen, Soviet Spetsnaz, new vehicles, and Afghan Villagers. Nine scenarios. A TEC. Support articles. Check it out!

-Jeff

Jeff Lewis

I think you'll like these scenarios. The Mujahideen are very dynamic. The Soviets have way more Firepower, but the Muj have the Ambush capability, they have movement bonuses in the Hills, they can split their Squads.

Plus, the Lester Grau books on the subject are a nearly inexhaustible resource for creating more scenarios.

Stefano G.

"When you're wounded an' left on Afghanistan's plains
An' the women come out to cut up your remains
Jus' roll to your rifle an' blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier"

"The Young British Soldier" by Rudyard Kipling.

Just rec'd - and looks really good. I love the new counters. Any chance we could get a pnp counter for the Mujahideen motorcycle in the Hell on Two Wheels scenario? That would be really cool!

Jeff Lewis

Just rec'd - and looks really good. I love the new counters. Any chance we could get a pnp counter for the Mujahideen motorcycle in the Hell on Two Wheels scenario? That would be really cool!

Glad to hear you like the game/magazine, Randy. RE the motorcycles, we didn't include them b/c they don't function like the mounted units on motorcycles in HotB (or Mare Nostrum); they aren't Hit-and-Run capable; they don't have side-cars with MGs on them, etc. It's just a one-turn capability where the MMCs double their Movement Factor to get into the fight, as stated in the SSR for them.

Best,
Jeff

ejwolski

Great job on The Bear and The Jackal!
My son and I have played the first two scenarios and plan to play more this weekend. Counters and maps look great, and the scenarios look fun and challenging. Overall, I'm very pleased with it.

ejwolski

Not mounted - heavy paper. I apply a slight reverse crease when I open them, and they lay nice and flat. I've considered mounting but have been too busy playing to bother. Cheers!

Bryan Anthony

Cool. Thanks for the reply.

I just got my copy of Heroes of the Gap in the mail so I can pick up a copy and play the scenario's. :happy: