Designer / Developer
- Mar 9, 2014
The Goliath will play a role in Stalin’s Triumph. This tracked mine was used by Germans to destroy tanks and strongpoints. This remote controlled tracked vehicle could deliver up to 160 pounds of explosives. This technology is represented in the game with its own counter. Enclosed are some draft rules that will accompany the Goliath in ST
· The Goliath can be carried and operated by an infantry unit.
· A Goliath Unit does not count towards stacking but an operating unit may only have one Goliath weapon attached to it.
· A unit operating the goliath may attempt to use it in the same phase in which artillery barrages are called in. The controlling unit may move the Goliath up to one hex into an enemy occupied hex.
· Once placed on the hex roll one d6. Attacks against enemy units in the hex with the Goliath that are Ops complete or disrupted fails on a result of a 1 or 2. The Goliath fails to operate and is removed from the game. Attacks against units that are not Ops Complete or disrupted fails on a result of 1-3. (The Soviets were aware of these devices and would send out troops to cut the wires to the Goliath which was needed to control the vehicle).
· On a success, conduct a 3-4 assault attack against all enemy units in the hex containing the Goliath (Refer to the Assault Rules). There are no saves against the Goliath, apply all hits as if it were an assault. Once the attack is over, remove or mark the casualties of the enemy units and then remove the Goliath counter from the game.