The Korean War, NaW!

Discussion in 'Nations At War Series' started by Jay Townsend, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Jay Townsend

Jay Townsend Member

First I am designing one on the Korean War 1950-53, then if LnL likes it, I'll most likely do Sicily 1943 and then design one on the Reconquest of the Philippines, focusing mainly on Leyte 1944 & Luzon 1945 which gives you Japanese Paratroopers and the Japanese 2nd Tank Division to spice up the Pacific battles.

But first thing first, lets see if David, Sean and LnL like my submitted Korean War design.

I am excited to add these titles to the NaW Series, if the support is there for these products and LnL likes my work.

2. Tony Costa

Tony Costa Member
    Staff Member

Congrats Jay, hope everything works out.

3. Jay Townsend

Jay Townsend Member

Thanks Tony!

4. Itineranthobbyist

Any updates on this?

5. Jay Townsend

Jay Townsend Member

It is coming along very nicely.

Itineranthobbyist likes this.
  6. Jay Townsend

Jay Townsend Member

All materials for the mentioned games are submitted.

7. Juan de Austria

I like your idea. I want to see a game about this war.

8. Jay Townsend

Jay Townsend Member

Looks like Lock 'N Load is on a slow down in production, so no news. Not sure if they are even going forward with any of my designs.

9. SG1

SG1 Member

I wish you all the best with the project. And I would be interested by a Korean foray of the NaW series.

To what extent is it different from your Pusan and Counter Attack items for the PG series, that I have and like a lot?

10. Jay Townsend

Jay Townsend Member

SGI, what I submitted to LNL covered the whole Korean War. It touched on many of the major actions from 1950-1953 with 29 scenarios. Of course I had to scale it to match the NaW series as far counters and game play. Avalanche Press, Panzer Grenadier Series is kind of a different scale in my opinion and is a more detail and serious play, with more units. NaW is scaled down in units and is faster moving actions.

Now with PG Counter Attack 65 scenarios and Pusan with 48 scenarios not to mention the unpublished Intervention with 67 scenario and Allies with another 25 scenarios, I didn't think NaW would support that kind of coverage of the Korean War so I put 29 pretty spiced up scenarios with historical detail that AP usually edits out with their own. I know the Korean War NaW would be a great game but I don't know where and if LNL are going forward with it or not. I haven't had a lot communication with David over the last 8 months.

11. SG1

SG1 Member

Thanks a lot for the explanation, Jay. It makes all sense. Again, I hope the project will be successful - and I know that as far as wargame publishing is concerned, a good deal of patience always is useful.

Also, I am aware of the PG Intervention item and look forward to playing it... one day.

12. Jay Townsend

Jay Townsend Member

Yeah SG1, I am really not wanting to make much on this if at all but I would enjoy seeing it get Published. I think my Philippine and Sicily games would be excellent in the NaW series as well.

13. SG1

SG1 Member

Philippine and Sicily would be great as well indeed.

I really like your approach of bringing something new and original to existing series, like Korea War, Philippine or Sicily campaigns, or Saipan - Marianas that I also have, instead or another Kursk/Stalingrad/Normandy/Bulge.

14. Jay Townsend

Jay Townsend Member

SG1, thanks for your compliments. I like to design these unique topics. I even have a scenario from the Marianas 1944 covering the Japanese 1941 invasion of Guam, called Out of No Where.