Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

The LOS tool - problems and features

Wiggum

The LOS tool has some problems i would say. You cant see the LOS from "Upstairs" until you put a unit upstairs and select it, this should be changed so you can, in terrain that has a "Upstairs" level, always check even without putting a unit inside first. Also even when you put a unit inside that is upstairs and select it to check LOS for some strange reason it still checks LOS from Ground level. You first have to select the hex you want to spot and then point at the hex with your "upstairs" unit inside...then you can move the mouse a bit left/right to change between Ground and Upstairs level...this is confusing and not intuitive. Also the text "GROUND" and "UPSTAIRS" for the LOS tool always seems to overlap, especially with the "BLOCKING" text inside that hex.

Jack Ruetty

I too had some trouble with the LOS Tool yesterday. The scenario I played had no two story buildings so I cannot respond to that. But there were hexes that I clicked on trying to get LOS where the tool would not work. Click on a hex and no response from the LOS tool. This has never happened before yesterday.

"You cant see the LOS from "Upstairs" until you put a unit upstairs and select it," (from above post). I have used the LOS tool in the past to check LOS from the second story with no units in them (I'm pretty sure!!). So this might be a new error.

Jack

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
You can check LOS from upstairs in a two-story building regardless of if there are units in it, the Upstairs/Ground level choice for the start hex depends on if you click in the upper half or the lower half of the hex. So apparently you are very consistent with your clicking. :p

Wiggum

You can check LOS from upstairs in a two-story building regardless of if there are units in it, the Upstairs/Ground level choice for the start hex depends on if you click in the upper half or the lower half of the hex. So apparently you are very consistent with your clicking. :p

That clearly does not work for me. I just tried it i clicked in every possible part of the Hex and it always said GROUND

The only way it works is selecting the target hex (to which i want to check LOS) and then draw the line to the building...only then can i move the mouse left/right (or possible up/down depending on map orientation) to select LOS from Upstairs and Ground level

it works fine for me (ie from the hex with 2 levels, shows upstairs/ground depending on upper/ lower click in hex) - are you running dedicated mouse drivers as opposed to native OS?

Wiggum

Ok, it does work :angelic:...

You FIRST have to select the LOS tool, THEN click on the Hex oyu want to check from (upper or lower part of the hex) EVEN when that hex is already selected.

What i always did was i selected a hex, THEN activated the LOS tool...and then it always shows "GROUND". So you have to select the hex again even when its already selected.