Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

The map of "the battle of Nanjing" was completed.The next question...

共工熙雲

Website
user.qzone.qq.com
I made two maps, "Battle of Nanking" and "Emerging battles".

The army and the weapons and vehicles are now being edited.
All is my own drawing.

Battle of Nanking:
111950gststswaf9rsio91.jpg

Emerging battles:
175223cj2x2o2l3qz99jo2.jpg

Now, the map is finished. However, I will continue to optimize the details of the map, I divided the script into two parts: "fight outside the city" and "street battle".

The problem now is that when I put the map into "Scenario Maker", I put "victory point" into the map, and the program is stuck. Why is this?

Attachments

• QQ图片20171220160514.png
    QQ图片20171220160514.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 3
  • QQ图片20171220175238.jpg
    QQ图片20171220175238.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: Bie
150738zapq3vcpevuhel5h.png

151923r1rzr7h7icz1125x.jpg

Now, the map is finished. However, I will continue to optimize the details of the map, I divided the script into two parts: "fight outside the city" and "street battle".

The problem now is that when I put the map into "Scenario Maker", I put "victory point" into the map, and the program is stuck. Why is this?

In addition, the editor has a very serious problem, it can not edit the area placed in the past map, why?

And, do the contour lines can't be manually adjusted?It seems that the optional height is fixed.

Interesting. I wasn't aware that part of China was so devoid of trees.

I think you will have a more difficult time developing for the fight inside the city, because urban combat largely revolves around units that are smaller than those traditionally modeled in CO2 (squads and platoons). That is not to discourage you, but to point out that at an operational level your scenario will get quite complicated if the units are developed at a smaller scale than what an operational perspective usually tracks.

If the issue with the contour lines is adjusting their height after setting the scenario, you are right.

The height interval between contours has to be set at the beginning of the mapping, because each contour is actually a defined graphic "layer" image that can be adjusted for height as desired. I believe once a layer is set, it's parameters can't be adjusted inside a compiled map.

Rosseau

I give you a lot of credit! Mapmaking in CO2 is much harder than in more simple games. Fortunately, with all products we have lots of maps.

I am completely re-doing the COTA Estab and having a lot of fun doing it. Must be careful though. I almost lost 4 hours work. Then realized I could spot the reported error in the xml file. What an idiot!

Anyway, good luck to you.

共工熙雲

Website
user.qzone.qq.com
Interesting. I wasn't aware that part of China was so devoid of trees.

I think you will have a more difficult time developing for the fight inside the city, because urban combat largely revolves around units that are smaller than those traditionally modeled in CO2 (squads and platoons). That is not to discourage you, but to point out that at an operational level your scenario will get quite complicated if the units are developed at a smaller scale than what an operational perspective usually tracks.

If the issue with the contour lines is adjusting their height after setting the scenario, you are right.

The height interval between contours has to be set at the beginning of the mapping, because each contour is actually a defined graphic "layer" image that can be adjusted for height as desired. I believe once a layer is set, it's parameters can't be adjusted inside a compiled map.
I plan to turn every house in the map into a "city" area in the map, which is used to compare the interior war.

共工熙雲

Website
user.qzone.qq.com
I made a wrong operation. How should I delete or cover it?

I'm very depressed. The editor does not have the function of "deleting a certain area".
I plan to redo the map, next time I will do better.

151307jsalqesp1ppry9zz.png

Attachments

• QQ截图20171218090930.png
    QQ截图20171218090930.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I made a wrong operation. How should I delete or cover it?

I'm very depressed. The editor does not have the function of "deleting a certain area".
I plan to redo the map, next time I will do better.

151307jsalqesp1ppry9zz.png
You can't "grab" an offending area and erase it, but you can use the arrow pointer to select the offending information in a particular layer, and either modify it's shape or delete it.

I recall also grabbing several items of the same layer (say several town tiles or tree groups) using the arrow key and control and either moving them or deleting them at once.

john connor

There's also an undo button at the top, for right after you've completed an operation.

共工熙雲

Website
user.qzone.qq.com
You can't "grab" an offending area and erase it, but you can use the arrow pointer to select the offending information in a particular layer, and either modify it's shape or delete it.

I recall also grabbing several items of the same layer (say several town tiles or tree groups) using the arrow key and control and either moving them or deleting them at once.
Do you have the details of the US Army in "Battle of Chosin Reservoir"?