Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.
The Pacific War from Pearl Harbor to the Philippines Living Rules

The Pacific War from Pearl Harbor to the Philippines Living Rules v4.0 Rev14

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
David Heath submitted a new resource:

The Pacific War from Pearl Harbor to the Philippines Living Rules - Game Manual

View attachment 7914

NEW MANUAL RELEASED v4.0

We hope this edition clears up any rule questions or issues from the older manual edition previously released. A lot of the confusion was due to the translation of the original Japanese to English and we hope this manual clears that up.

The Pacific War - From Pearl Harbor to the Philippines (hereafter referred to as The Pacific War), two players face off in an epic struggle for control of the Pacific. From December 1941 to...

Read more about this resource...

Apparently,this version Living Rules for The Pacific War have still not incorporate all the corrections necessary for them enable play of the game as intended. As noted on BBG, Rob Veenenberg provided extensive corrections last year, and they do not seem to have been incorporated. Some adjudication of them should be made and the "official" rules finalized ASAP.

Jay Townsend

I finally downloaded the version 4.0 rules. I sent some colored ink but I wanted a copy of these newer rules for next time I play, as I really like this game and my OCD demanded I copy these rules to put into my game box.

Alan Eshelman

I finally downloaded the version 4.0 rules. I sent some colored ink but I wanted a copy of these newer rules for next time I play, as I really like this game and my OCD demanded I copy these rules to put into my game box.
When I bought this game on sale this winter, I did the same. I grabbed the v4.14 manual, had it printed at Office Depot, looks great!

Funny thing though, I find the original rules more readable, concise, and clear. :/

I've spent several days combing through both the original rules and the v4 manual (as well as Rob's rewrite), to compile my own rules document. Hopefully someone will answer my list of questions at some point so I can finish them and make them available on BGG.

Jay Townsend

When I bought this game on sale this winter, I did the same. I grabbed the v4.14 manual, had it printed at Office Depot, looks great!

Funny thing though, I find the original rules more readable, concise, and clear. :/

I've spent several days combing through both the original rules and the v4 manual (as well as Rob's rewrite), to compile my own rules document. Hopefully someone will answer my list of questions at some point so I can finish them and make them available on BGG.
I think either rule set will work after playing the game once. That was a few years ago and before I play it again I'll read the newer rules and see how they pans out. As I recall, I only had a few questions and I was able to work/play through those, right or wrong.

Alan Eshelman

I've played through the game once, looked up quite a few questionable things, further updated my notes for a rules rewrite. I'll start another game this weekend and see if I've hit all of the high points for clarity then maybe post a copy of what I've put together here on this forum somewhere. I think there is a fun game in here somewhere but it's been a slog getting there.

I've played through the game once, looked up quite a few questionable things, further updated my notes for a rules rewrite. I'll start another game this weekend and see if I've hit all of the high points for clarity then maybe post a copy of what I've put together here on this forum somewhere. I think there is a fun game in here somewhere but it's been a slog getting there.
I would appreciate your efforts.