The Stolberg Corridor

Discussion in 'CO2 - Scenarios' started by Takoda, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Takoda

Takoda Member

I'm playing as Axis but my force is getting easily brushed aside on day one. 2 Bty 394 StuG Bde has managed to hold a critical position and give the Allies hell, but is now greatly outnumbered by enemy tanks and is starting to get absolutely pummelled by artillery.
    I would love to see a AAR from the Axis side if any of you guys get a chance to play the scenario, it's a real tough one.

2. simovitch

simovitch Member

Hi Takoda, are you playing with orders delay? what score are you getting in the end?

Takoda likes this.
  3. Takoda

Takoda Member

I'm playing with orders delay set at realistic, all the other options are set as historical and the supply schedule is set as normal. I haven't played past day one because I am getting steamrolled so badly I don't think I will be able to hold even one objective location. I moved my armour units up from the rear but run into increasingly stiff resistance, I don't think I will be able to blast my way through the enemy armour and reach the objectives.

4. simovitch

simovitch Member

Even though I co-designed it with Huib, it's been a while since I looked at it so I started a game as Germans. I feel your pain from what you describe above, but I think the key is not to try to take the objectives but to keep the US from getting occupation points by keeping a few units in the occupation radii while inflicting max casualties wherever possible. That's where the Germans get the points.

This battle was the last push for the US before Ike handed over all the resources to Monty for Market Garden. There was no strategic terrain objective for VII Corps except breach the Westwall and occupy Stolberg and Eschweiler. That's why casualties hold so much weight in this scenario.

5. Takoda

Takoda Member

Thanks for your reply simovitch. It's interesting to learn that you co-designed the scenario, it's challenging scenarios like this one that I actually enjoy playing the most. I'm going to take your advice and focus my efforts on inflicting max casualties. Cheers.