Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

TM for Vehicle Coordinated Movement

Ty Snouffer

If two vehicles take advantage of Coordinated Movement (Modern 6.5), it seems by rule they would both benefit from the +2 TM for a Vehicle or Wreck counter in the hex. Is that correct?

Feels a little strange but I can't see anything that contradicts that.

On top of that should one of the vehicles get Wrecked from OF, the remaining one would still get the +2 TM from the Wreck marker.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Both the text under 6.5 and 15.1 seems to suggest that Coordinated movement is for one vehicle and some leg units, but there is nothing formally preventing it for two vehicles too and yes, they would give a +2 DRM to each other. This is probably reflecting the fact that, if you are targetting a vehicle, any other moving object in your sight is distracting

Barthheart

Staff member
Vehicles can never move together.

From 15.2, 2nd paragraph v4.1rules
There are, however, significant differences in vehicle movement. Vehicles MUST move individually (exception, Coordinated Movement, 6.5), and simultaneously activated vehicles need not move through, or end movement in, the same hexes.

From 6.5, v4.1 rules
6.5 Coordinated Movement MMCs, SMCs, and vehicles can move together provided they start and finish their impulse together.

6.5 is only for vehicles and leg units.

Ty Snouffer

Oh, I definitely read all those sections. One could argue there is a bit of daylight there. I don't doubt you are right.

While we're at it, how could vehicles be activated simultaneously?

Ty Snouffer

I wish LnLP would handle this formally. Who do I listen to Barthheart? Stephane? The next guy who responds?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The rules Guru, if I'm not mistaken, is still Jeff. bartheart and me are just experienced LNL gamer offering advice and trying to save some work for Jeff :)

In this particular case, I think the RAW do allow for some interpretation but, english not being my first language, I will defer to Bartheart here.

That being said, I almost never activated two vehicles at once but then, I played one or two game of HATRS at most and this is the most vehicles rich-environnemetn in the LNL world (although HONA might be a contender) so I guess it is bond to happen more often.

Barthheart

Staff member
Oh, I definitely read all those sections. One could argue there is a bit of daylight there. I don't doubt you are right.

While we're at it, how could vehicles be activated simultaneously?

You can have 2 vehicles in a hex. On your impulse you activate the entire hex and can move both vehicles. just has to be done separately.