Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Totensonntag Movement Rule Question

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
This was a questioned asked on BGG and I wanted to repost it here.

In the first edition of the game, rule 6.0 says that an activated unit receives movement points equal to the PLAYER'S initiative number. I assumed this actually meant the player's activation roll.

But in the new edition, rule 6.0 says that an activated unit receives movement points equal to the UNIT'S initiative factor - which would be the number on the bottom right corner of each unit.

I just noticed, however, that the player aid of V.2 says that a unit receives movement points equal to the initiative ROLL.

I wish that the wording was more consistent, but in general I assume that the MP's are still equal to the activation number? So if you roll a 2, all units with 2+ initiative move, but only with 2MP's, and if you roll a 5 only units with 5+ move but by 5 MP’s?

Answer:

Your Movement is your Initiative Factor (lower right #) NOT your Activation roll. Rule 6.0

The Player-Aid is incorrect and will be updated. It should read: Each unit receives Movement Points (MPs) equal to its Initiative Factor. 1 MP = 1 Hex.

All units whose Initiative Factor is equal to or greater than a side's Activation Number (roll) for that impulse. (rule 3.1)