Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Transparent planning overlay

h3st4by

I would enjoy having an optional transparent and editable planning overlay (with NATO-symbols, arrows, lines, different colours etc.) like one can find in Hearts of Iron 3: Their finest hour (example picture see on: http://www.gamersglobal.de/galerie/54254). So I would not need to print out and/or plot my prebattle planning maps :cool: and would easy be able to disgn multiple prebattle plans for one mission/map to be better prepared on the enemy actions :smuggrin:.

Doolan

Oh man, I would absolutely love that. Drawing stuff on maps whether necessary or not has always been half the fun of strategy games for me.

As a friend of mine always says when we play HoI3, "If wars can be won by drawing arrows, we'll be in Berlin before Christmas" :D

Reactions: Daz

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
So would I, but my UI programming skills are limited. What I really need is a good UI C++ programmer to develop the draw and text handling functions. That someone would have to be willing to work for a pittance of a royalty.

The way I would like to see this feature work is that you could draw the overlay items and then set it to be active for a set game period - eg from D1 0600 to D1 1000. That way it could be incorporated into the game recording for that period. This would allow you to build a dynamic and in the end an interactive AAR feature.

Reactions: Daz

dandennison84

So would I, but my UI programming skills are limited. What I really need is a good UI C++ programmer to develop the draw and text handling functions. That someone would have to be willing to work for a pittance of a royalty.

What would be the time commitment? PM me and maybe we can work something out.