Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Two Story or No?

Jankomatic

Rattenkrieg scenario has the Soviets trying to take what seems obviously a church to me with a steeple depicted in it, in 46i5. The TEC says the only multi-level buildings are Heavy Construction that are three hexes are larger. In the sentence before that, it states the roof will be grey/black/red and have a red dot in the center.
So this building has a green roof and a red dot and is only two hexes. So initially I would say it was a single level(seems to be LOTS of maps with no upper levels). But reading the VC the last sentence talks about controlling a multi-level building. So which is it? If it NOT a multi-level building why even include that sentence in the VC since it has no bearing on the scenario?

upload_2018-5-20_9-56-27.png

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Special scenario rules are...special. Sometimes, they will contradict the core rules. This is such a case

Jankomatic

Special scenario rules are...special. Sometimes, they will contradict the core rules. This is such a case
I totally understand how SSRs work, I have played ASL for 25 years. Nowhere in the SSRs though say what kind of building this is. What are we missing?

Also, thanks for all the replies. The game doesn't seem to have a lot of online support/following.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
This building is kind of an exception (as are most buildings representing a church, such as 21F4). Usually, the SSR will tell you if it is to be considered one or two story). If not, go by the general rule. But yes, it could have been made clearer in the SSR, instead of having to deduct this from the Victory conditions