Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Ubiquitous D-Day scenario for CO2

rocketman

Some Swedish :) Fellow countryman?
I'm half way through the scenario and it is great fun. Seems to work ok.
Makes me want to do some scenarios myself when I get more used to the game.
Is there a manual for the map making program included in the game? Can't find one installed.

john connor

I don't remember if there's a map making manual. I think there must certainly be one in BFTB (CO1) and nothing much has changed. But, when I started mucking around making maps and scenarios (I've only done a few) I think I just experimented and asked questions in the forum. God forbid that we should ever have to read a manual....

It's great fun mapmaking. You should definitely try it. Seriously addictive and terrible for your wrist and your eyes. That and scenario making in scenmaker I have found easy to learn and really enjoyable. Estab making is a different matter and I've never done much with it. I take my hat off to those who put together estabs. But if you put together short Normandy scenarios you will be able to use the estabs already there, perhaps, as Ubiquitous (Greg) did.

I think his scenario is very good. Hard to get a good win as Allies I seem to recall. I did an AAR for it, over one the second page of the AAR section, i think.

Peter

Last edited:

rocketman

I play a lot of Combat Mission and from time to time create scenarios. It is great fun. Especially making maps. Really creative stuff. So I can see myself doing it for CO2 as well. A bit intimidated by Estab, but if there are stock ones to use all the better.

john connor

I would love to try a small Prokhorovka map and scenario for CMRT. Just haven't the time to learn how.

rocketman

Search Youtube for "Proambulator", he has a series of introduction clips on how to use the basics of the editor in CM. Helped me a lot to get started and lose the "intimidation factor".

kylania

I am absolute rubbish as a commander. :)

xld4elY.jpg

john connor

Its a good result. Very hard to get the beach arrivals off the beach, i think. Did you try my alt version? I didn't change much, but I rebalanced it a little, and got rid of the generic unit and leader stats. I can't recall why I rebalanced it now, to be honest, but I must have thought it was either too hard or too easy for the Allies in ubiq's original form. I suspect too hard. I think I wanted to allow the possibility of an allied win through the use of tactics to concentrate forces on certain objectives, rather than having to go for everything. But even with the rebalancing it was still very difficult because the beach troops got pinned by arty.

Last edited:

rocketman

I played the altered version twice. First I got a decisive defeat. Then realized that the objectives on the other side of the flooded part of the beach was key to both getting units off the beach, but also that you don't get VPs for them after a while. The other objectives I only tried to keep in check as good as I could until units came off the beaches and I could claim other objectives. Got a major victory (regular order delays, historic weather and supplies). Fun scenario :)
Got me inspired to start making one myself - Juno Beach/Canadian sector, D-day to D+1.

kylania

My first problem was trying to do too much. I had each cluster of units try to grab whatever was closest to their starting point. I just didn't have enough firepower anywhere to do anything. Eventually tried to reorg and push to the beach but my guys were too spread out to react quick enough. I'll try the alt version next.

Göran Wall

The download link on the resource page gives me a 404 - file not found. Has this one been removed?
Cheers

kylania

Oops, sorry! Uploaded the map and the terrain stuff now too and put all the files in their proper folders so you can just download as zip and extract right where it goes. Personally I use JSGME for this kind of thing.

gianluca74

Oops, sorry! Uploaded the map and the terrain stuff now too and put all the files in their proper folders so you can just download as zip and extract right where it goes. Personally I use JSGME for this kind of thing.
Thanks!