Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Unable to play Command Ops 2

Yeo

A month ago, every time when i am playing Command Ops 2 i will suddenly crash. It appears that the CmdOps.exe keeps disappearing from the Command Ops 2 file, causing CO2 to crash.

Attachments

• 2017-08-11 (2).png
    2017-08-11 (2).png
    829.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 2017-08-11 (1).png
    2017-08-11 (1).png
    830.6 KB · Views: 3

Yeo

I have checked my anti-virus program, it had quarantined the CmdOps.exe.file but i have remove it from the quarantine list and yet these still shows up.

I have checked my anti-virus program, it had quarantined the CmdOps.exe.file but i have remove it from the quarantine list and yet these still shows up.

I've found with my anti-virus that the CmdOps.exe is not a recognized file, and it would get excluded each time the anti-virus was automatically updated for new threats.

To eliminate the anti-virus program as the problem:

Make sure the quarantined file was restored to the proper directory for your install per the path identified in the first screen message you posted.

If the file is in the proper place, then try stopping the anti-virus program, and then starting the game.

If the game runs normally, the anti-virus is interfering with it either at start or at some point when it's performing a background scan during the running of the game.

You'll have to check with the set-up for the anti-virus to see how you can exclude the CmdOps.exe file from the anti-virus scan.

Once you've excluded the file from the anti-virus scan, then try running the game again.

If it works, the anti-virus was interfering with it, and the problem was corrected.

If it doesn't work, your best bet is to provide a DX-Diag for your system to go along with, if possible, a save of the game before the crash. If the game doesn't start up at all, then send a DX-Diag from your system so a developer can assess what caused the problem.