Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Unit and commander variation in the scenmaker

Bie

I've been trying to get some variation in the skills of my units and commander. Yet when I use the unit variation tool (I set it to +/- 10%) it always reverts back to the no variation setting once I reload the scenario in the scenmaker. Has anyone else had this problem?

Kurt

Yeah it returns to no variation by default , why is that a problem ?

Bie

Yeah it returns to no variation by default , why is that a problem ?
Maybe I don't really understand how to use it. But when I select a unit and put a variation on it, it doesn't actually change any of the skills. Also when I boot up the scenario in game, there is no change. I'm probably not using it correctly though.

hubee0

Well, I am not sure I have understood what you want to do and what doesn't work. But the variation supposes to work when you apply a commander's skill to an unit i.e:
  1. select an unit (possibly with with subordinates)
  2. use menu 'Commander'->'Set(..).'->(value)%
Your unit's commander and its sub-units commanders will get the value assigned with the random variation selected.
Which means, variable values are applied only in scenario maker and remain fixed since then.

Bie

Silly me, I was only putting in the +/- variation in, without actually setting any of the stats. Didn't know that you also had to set them, I assumed that it would do it as is on the unit. Thanks for pointing the way.