Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Unit Icon mods?

Also, there any mods out there that improve on the unit icon/unit graphics? As for my part I grasp Nato symbols but I think the unit graphics could allow for more entertaining alternatives.

john connor

You probably know already that using the game options button (bottom right of the main game ingame screen) gives you quite a bit of customisation of the icons? You can get rid of the NATO icons, for example.

john connor

Few other options there, beneath the military/nato switch. Three types of nato graphic, iirc. Limited options, yes, but a few. Might not be what you wanted, but as far as I know there is no modding of the counters. I know of none, at any rate. The code isnt public.

Thank you, are you referring to the "force Icon " button. I see " use military symbols:" and below that is the "force Icon style". however the latter in my case is not grayed out and therefore not an option. I do not see any other options. Thank you so much!

john connor

The button beneath the Force Icon Style label gives 3 options, no? Traditional, Nato (APP-6) and 2525C. No? Plus you have the autoscale option and the extended option. Click them all and try.

UPDATE: Sorry. I mislead you. I was using the dev version of the game. I just checked my steam version and I see that the Force Icon Style is greyed out and not available to you. Not sure why. I'll ask Dave (the developer).

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Alas, these additional options rely on MS D2D drawing and this has proved incapable of supporting the drawing of icons on the map except when the game is paused. So it was completely impracticable and hence why I have greyed it out. At some time in the future, if we go to Unity or some other graphics engine we'll reintroduce these.