Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Update on WaW rules revision, ect...

Matt Lohse

I haven’t posted an update in a while, so I wanted to let everyone know what I am up to (and why TUS isn’t out yet… short answer is rules revisions took me longer than I expected).

Much of my time has been spent working on the WaW Rules revision which are finally going to layout. This has involved all sorts of things… clarifying lots of items that people had asked about or that were in the FAQ, making a couple of minor changes that the community has talked about for a while, adding some new examples for things that I thought needed them (like the hill crest LOS rules). Since these will be the rules for the series (scenarios and module specific rules will be another book), I have also been updating the examples so that they can be followed regardless of what game in the series you have. Then there has been the fun of making sure all the rule number references are correct and finding every typo possible. And then to make sure that any changes make sense to someone other than me, having several other people look things over. It has taken longer that I wanted or expected, but I hope that the revised rules will be worth the wait.

I have also been revising the scenarios from TUS. Mainly, this consists of little details to avoid confusion
like referring to the units by their name on the counters (so Shilka, not ZSU-23), saying which edge of which map gets placed adjacent to another one, and explicitly saying that one edge of the maps is a given direction. Nothing major, but it involved me having to type everything up from the begining. There were also a few corrections and clarifications to the various scenarios. With the rules in layout, I am now in the process of checking and double checking the file to make sure I didn’t introduce any typos. That said, if there are any issues with the scenarios that anyone is aware of, let me know and I can see about correcting it.

On the short/long term front, I have put together an Excel file with a list of every unit type in every WaW module or LOF (other than the SADF stuff which I still need to do). In the short term, this is a guide to what is in each module so we make sure to have every unit that needs to be the larger counter image player aid card sheets for each module. In the long term, this sheet will be filled in with the unit values for all these items (775 items so far, admittedly some unit types get repeated a lot). This will serve as an easy reference for module designers and hopefully keep there from being drift in unit values. If anyone wants to help out with the data input process, let me know as I probably won’t get to inputting it myself for a while.

I have also been doing more planning for the stand alone game based on the SADF stuff from LOF. Once I get a few things typed up and the updated TUS scenarios ready for layout, I am going to want to get input on a couple of counter related questions for the SADF game.

rastamann

I'll be waiting, then :D

I currently own (this is so you have an idea of which units I can input):
Eisenbach Gap and Death of the 1st Panzer (1st Ed)
America Conquered
LoF 10
LoF 2 PDF edition
Compendium volume 1 PDF edition

Eternal

Hello Matt!
When the TUS reissued? And when will come the new rules?

Zac

Website
zacgaming.wordpress.com
Matt has there been any thought to posting a roadmap for the reprints and expansions of the WaW series? This might be especially useful to new players (like myself) who are just getting into the series but can't get any of the required expansions like TUS.

PAX

Would love to see a reprint of Eisenbach Gap and Operation Garbo.