Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Update

Benvgastel

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and wonder if somebody could give me an update about the status of the Lock 'n Load series.

I bought Band of Heroes 2nd edition a few years ago but never really played it till last week.
I love the game and would like to expand it, but what are the options? I'm only interested in the WWII part. Noville looks great but I will need Swift and Bold that's currently unavailable, correct?
Read something about a 3th edition of Band of Heroes with Swift and Bold included? when will this be available? and is this new version very different from the 2nd edition or will I end up with two base games?
Thank you in advance.

Regards, Ben

Last edited:

Benvgastel

Mike: Thanks for the information.
I will check out Heroes of the Blitzkrieg, looks very interesting.

It's not possible to preorder BoH: Normandy anymore? If it's an updated version of the base game and there are some extra modules included than I might consider to buy this as well, although I already own a copy of base game.

Noville is a real kick to play. I would recommend it highly. IIRC, you actually only need 3 counters from S&B to play - a Panther and 2 others that I cannot remember right off (maybe a Mk IV and a gun). If you cannot locate a copy, it is fairly easy to make them yourself ( I did this prior to finding a copy of S&B).

darcone

One issue of Line of Fire has a couple of panthers in the counter mix, so you don't need Swift and Bold to get complete enjoyment out of Noville. I don't recall which issue.

Benvgastel

Noville is a real kick to play. I would recommend it highly. IIRC, you actually only need 3 counters from S&B to play - a Panther and 2 others that I cannot remember right off (maybe a Mk IV and a gun). If you cannot locate a copy, it is fairly easy to make them yourself ( I did this prior to finding a copy of S&B).
Great! I will order Noville at my LGS, thanks for the hint !