Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Updating the Missing Briefing Information

Wiggum

Hi!

I hope its ok to make this new thread but the more i play the game the more obvious it becomes that the single biggest issue currently and probably a deal breaker for many DLC is this:

The scenario briefing is missing many important informations that are present in the board game

This issue was pointed out here on the forums and on the Steam forums already but since i think its the biggest issue it needs its own thread.

I dont really understand why the decision was made to downgrade the briefing information in the digital release this much when it has the same scenarios as the board game.

Information about available units?
Iinformation about reinforcements (when, where)?
Description of SSR?
Description of Events (who can trigger them at least)?

So what do we as players need?
Just copy the Scenario information from the board game...

We need:

• Order of Battle (including Reinforcements)
  • Setup informations (where is side a setting up, where is side b setting up)
  • Where is north?
  • Special Scenario Rules
  • Description of Event markers
  • Paragraphs (the "please dont read ahead" stuff)

All this should be easy to add because its already there, just needs to be copied to the digital game briefing.

It is so frustrating not knowing where my enemy can set up. Not knowing what reinforcements i get and when they arrive that it is almost game breaking. Sorry. I cant imagine how this was not pointed out during the closed Beta testing...Otherwise its a great game.

This game is sold and advertised as the digital version of LnL Tactical so players should not need to have the board game module to get the briefing information they need for serious game sessions.

niki_belucci

+6
Strongly aggree with Wiggum! Maybe just include the pdf page like you implemented it with the rules in game?

Wiggum

Just to showcase how much essential information we as players are missing in the scenario briefings look at this:
lnl.PNG

This is not only a problem for people already familiar with LnL Tactical but even worse for people new to the series. We old players know we are missing essential informations, new players are just confused which is not a good thing since it wont help LnL Tactical generating new players. I think the missing information should be added ASAP and new DLC should not be released without the essential briefing informations.

Wiggum

I hope soon we will have briefings more similar to the digital version of Nations At War.
lnl.PNG

Jack Ruetty

Don't care if the paragraphs themselves are shown but the event markers section should be shown.

Maybe the paragraphs shown with some kind of hide button?

Last edited:

Wiggum

Correct, the "Dont read ahead" paragraphs are not really needed. What is needed is to know which side can activate an Event and if there is any special rule for event activation like "only leader xy can activate it".
And of course the biggest thing...OOB list and Reinforcements list

Maxi

Also just saw one of the preview videos to Nations at War and really like how the briefing is included there. Really missing it in this series - please bring it into the game as soon as possible! Only then I would really enjoy playing it!

Wiggum

Now that more complex scenarios from the modules become avaiable in MP this issue pops up even more.

I dont really have fun playing these with the downgraded briefing. I dont know the OOB, dont know what reinforcements i will get and where they are coming from...both absolutely vital information's for a wargame.
I have the feeling we miss half the SSR.
We dont know who can trigger events.

In my gaming community, on Steam and also here many people seem to face this issue since they dont have the boardgame modules.
This causes major frustration both in SP and especially in MP.

I know it will take some time to get more fancy OOB and reinforcement list introduced.

But please just add the boardgame style OOB and Reinforcement information as text into the briefings like:

2x 1-7-4 enter B4 on Turn 5
1x M-60

This would already double the playability of scenarios.
Maybe add a disclaimer that there may be slight errors in the OOB if you cant guarantee the correct one.
But adding a few lines of text, basically copied from already available data for such a major improvement seems worth it.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Wiggum,

Look I see you posted this many times and we get it. We are going to be addressing it and I agree this was an oversight on our part. BUT posting it, again and again, is not helping. We clearly said we would be doing the bugs first and then multiplayer. So please give us some time and we get to it.

David

Wiggum

Adding the OOB (although its not always complete) to the game was already a big step forward.

But there are still many SSR's missing from scenario briefings. This can lead to frustration and confusion, especially in Multiplayer. I got confused a few times already and then later discovered the briefing was missing a SSR completely or at least parts of the SSR. This actually made me give up on playing Scenarios outside the Starter Pack (and for testing) because i always have the feeling i most likely will miss a important SSR.

I know not all scenarios are affected but many are. Sometimes its really important stuff thats missing and sometimes its details but still it should be just the same briefing like in the boardgame.

Will the briefings get updated with missing SSR's anytime soon?

Last edited:

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
The SSR are and have been there in the scenarios, we left out map changes since we provided maps in the game with the changes already applied. So at this time we think you have everything you need.

Wiggum

The SSR are and have been there in the scenarios, we left out map changes since we provided maps in the game with the changes already applied. So at this time we think you have everything you need.

Hi David,
The SSR's of some scenarios just got updated. Missing information for Napalm and Gamon Bombs was added. It was missing at the time i made my post.
And i know that the FO SSR is explained in more detail in the boardgame briefing then in the digital game for the scenario "The Battle of Long Tan".

The scenario "Rebecca can you see me" had many players confused (see Steam) after release and we found out it was missing SSR or at least a SSR that was missing details avaiable for the boardgame. Dont know if the SSR's for these scenario got updated.

Can maybe someone who has the Normandy and Vietnam Boardgame comment if there is something "big" missing when it comes to the SSR's? It would be interesting to know.

Last edited: