Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

joemama619

During setup in Day of Heroes, can units (either side) start in upper level of multi-story buildings? I don't see anything in the SSR or the rulebook regarding setup in upper level, but I assume it's legal.
Which brings me to my next question: what would be the tactical advantage of upper levels in this module? (I am assuming that "upper level" refers to 2nd level window and NOT rooftop [rule 10.6 in Rules v5 shows a rooftop counter and there are no such counters in DoH].)
-If there was a rooftop, RPGs would be capable of firing from up there, giving the Somalis a tactical advantage in those squares; but that's not the case here since RPGs can't fire from (2nd level windows) inside buildings (rule 1.6.4 in v5).
-Units on 2nd level don't get any height advantage bonus from the DFT or otherwise.
-I haven't found it to increase LOS since it's such a dense map and there's not much to look over with all the intervening buildings creating "blocking shadows" (rule 10.3 in v5).
The only use I can think of is to delay being melee'd. It would take one extra space for a unit to enter melee that the upper-level unit could get an additional shot off with an assault move or Op Fire.
Any thoughts???
Thanks,
Jeff
PS: My first post here. Not sure if it's posting in the right forum location...

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
You pretty much summed up :)

From upper level, you will have a clear LOS to square behind blocking/degrading hex or hexside that are per terrain height ((wall, roadblock, vehicle, wreck).

You are also at the same level as hovering/flying chopper above the streets, which you might not see from a ground level hex on another street

joemama619

You pretty much summed up :)

From upper level, you will have a clear LOS to square behind blocking/degrading hex or hexside that are per terrain height ((wall, roadblock, vehicle, wreck).

You are also at the same level as hovering/flying chopper above the streets, which you might not see from a ground level hex on another street

Thank you for your quick response Stephane. Seeing as how painless this was and how quick you responded, you may be hearing more questions from me as situations arise.