Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

User-made scenarios in CO2

john connor

I wonder if you could clarify, Dave, what exactly the system will be for converting user-made scenarios once CO2 is out? You've said before that the idea is that they are sent to you and you convert them. So, for example, the 3 maps I've made and the scenarios to go with them - what do I do?
1.Do I send all these to you at some point and you convert them and send them back to me?
2.Is there a charge for this?
3. Will you also convert the estabs to go with user-made scenarios. My own use Caphillrat's EF estab. But Huib's Woensdrecht, for example, has his own estab (and graphics, in fact) and there's another estab for the Brabant pack and the Epsom scenarios etc etc. Do you intend to convert all these for the creators, and will there be a charge for this?

Thanks.

Peter

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Basically, you would send the files you want converted to me. I would convert them all, including estabs. My intent is to convert them free of charge. But I'm working on the assumption that there won't be a lot of data to convert. For common data like estab files, it would be good that I only do the conversion once.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
No I won't be getting to that just yet. I want to bed down the beta version before I start doing that. Once it is robust enough and the probability of changing any data structures is minimal then we can convert the data. Otherwise I'll have to do it more than once and that definitely won't make me happy. ( OTOH if I was charging for the service then I should do them right now.;))

Website
springelkamp.nl
I think most of us have downloaded published user made scenario's that we would like to keep for the new version.

Then it would be much more convenient for you to convert those published scenarios once and put them here for download, than that we all send you our private copy.

Or when the original authors are still around here, they could announce their conversions here and publish them again under their own name, preferably in the repository here.

Have you considered such a thing, Dave?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I think most of us have downloaded published user made scenario's that we would like to keep for the new version.

Then it would be much more convenient for you to convert those published scenarios once and put them here for download, than that we all send you our private copy.

Or when the original authors are still around here, they could announce their conversions here and publish them again under their own name, preferably in the repository here.

Have you considered such a thing, Dave?
I am only going to convert data content developed by the person requesting it. So if Joe Bloggs creates a scenario and a map but uses an estab by Bill Burk, then I will convert the scenario and map for Joe if Joe requests it. It will then be up for Bill to ask me separately to convert the Estab. Also it will be up for them to make it available for download by others. I cannot do that legally, unless they give me permission.

Another idea comes to mind. We could take the content developed by you, convert it, package it up with other content into a module, test it and then release it for sale. We offer our data content developers a 20% royalty. We usually end up paying someone another 5% if they coordinate the module. That brings the total share to 25%.