Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Vehicles on Ocean

1. A Vehicle as LVT4 on an Ocean hex that is Shaken and receives other Shaken, should be abandoned. As the LVT4 cannot be abandoned on this type of hexes, I assume it is Destroyed (Passengers and Crew dead) but with no Wreck, as it sinks. Am I right?

2. Stupid doubt. Does the ability of LVT4 of not reducing its MF on Ocean/Surf apply also to Ponds?

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
1. A Vehicle as LVT4 on an Ocean hex that is Shaken and receives other Shaken, should be abandoned. As the LVT4 cannot be abandoned on this type of hexes, I assume it is Destroyed (Passengers and Crew dead) but with no Wreck, as it sinks. Am I right?

2. Stupid doubt. Does the ability of LVT4 of not reducing its MF on Ocean/Surf apply also to Ponds?

1- Seems right to me but will let Jeff confirm this
2- Where is this ability listed ?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
There is no reason it should be different. That being said, this is a theorical question, as the biggest pond is two hexes across

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
1- Seems right to me but will let Jeff confirm this

On second thoughts, I'm not so sure, it seems strange to me that small arms could sink a LVT4. Maybe the second shaken result has no effect in this case ? Let see what Jeff has to say about that.

Jeff Lewis

13.2.4: Crews don't abandon LVT4s in Ocean hexes. . . . Shaken LVT4 can continue to move toward the Beach, but cannot fire.

So, they just remain Shaken. They do abandon in Surf hexes, and Beach.

No Wrecks for Destroyed LVT4 b/c they sink.

As for the Pond thing, the movement is the same: Look on TEC.