Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Video flawed at menues. Cannot make selections...

joeperez

The Panther Command Ops system is simply the best military computer simulation. I've purchased all the games going back to the Matrix Games days.

Since I've been using Windows 7, all the way to (now) 10, I have not been able to properly run any of the games I own, including the new Ops 2 core game I just downloaded.

When attempting to select a menu, the menu box is black with white text, nothing resembles an actual button to click on, and clicking on certain text (obvious buttons) only causes the text to go completely black, so there is now nothing of that text to see. All I can do is make a selection from the main screen before I get the messed up scenario dialog box.

Installing the old Matrix Games versions had the same effect, which is why I no longer have them. In those versions I miraculously was able to load scenarios, but the control panel "buttons were all blacked out.

I have a Radeon vid card with more than enough memory, and people *are* actually playing the game, so any help with what may be causing my video problems is appreciated.

Rob

The Panther Command Ops system is simply the best military computer simulation. I've purchased all the games going back to the Matrix Games days.

Since I've been using Windows 7, all the way to (now) 10, I have not been able to properly run any of the games I own, including the new Ops 2 core game I just downloaded.

When attempting to select a menu, the menu box is black with white text, nothing resembles an actual button to click on, and clicking on certain text (obvious buttons) only causes the text to go completely black, so there is now nothing of that text to see. All I can do is make a selection from the main screen before I get the messed up scenario dialog box.

Installing the old Matrix Games versions had the same effect, which is why I no longer have them. In those versions I miraculously was able to load scenarios, but the control panel "buttons were all blacked out.

I have a Radeon vid card with more than enough memory, and people *are* actually playing the game, so any help with what may be causing my video problems is appreciated.

Hi,

This may not work for you -- but you never know. I had a similar "black' areas problem with another (non-Panther) war game last year and the solution was to slow my graphics/screen refresh rate to 60 Hz. Worked perfectly after that!

Hope it helps.......

Rob.

joeperez

Thanks for the suggestion. I already had my settings at 1920x1080 at 60Hz. I tried slowing it down to 50 Hz with no change.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Joe,

Let's see if we can resolve this for you then. Can you please confirm you what build you are running? Is it the latest 5.1.27? Can you please send me a DxDiag report. Check out the sticky thread within the GameSupoport subForum for details on how to do this. It does sound like a grsaphics issue. These can be caused by a particular driver. When was the last time you updated your graphics driver? Hane you tried disabling the driver and then getting a new one from the Radeon site - ie don't just ask the Radeon control panel to update, because it will probably just re-enable the one you have already.

Try that and report back here.

joeperez

Sirs;

Thank you for your reply. I also made a direct e-mail reply to the address I got from the notification that you had replied to my post. This is the same reply as the e-mail...

I updated my driver not long ago, when I got the occasional “Hey, we have a new driver” message from Radeon that I get through the Windows Taskbar.

I had this sane problem back with the old Matrix versions of Command Ops, going back as far as when I had Windows 7 installed (I’m running Windows 10).

Not exactly sure how to disable a driver. I know how to try to update them through “Control Panel.” I will visit Radeon’s site in the meantime and try to download and install the latest driver, even if it’s the one I supposedly have.

I enclose a DxDiag file as an attachment. Thank you.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    68.7 KB · Views: 0
Hi,
I had the same problem when I picked the screen resolution from the startup menu. When I left it at desktop default "didn't set it " it worked for me. Hope it hepls,
Derrick

joeperez

Derrick,

WHADDYA KNOW??? It WORKS!!!!

Thank you very much. Just letting the default match current screen resolution (I was choosing my current res anyway) has the game working like a champ.