Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Video recording CO2?

MarkShot

My NVidia card comes "Shadow Play" and will capture anything on a Windows screen or 3D game, but it seems to automatically turn off when I run CO2 (works for everything else). First, I wanted to capture a bug which was easier to see than explain. Second, I wanted to make a 15 second video of PGE2 so that people could see what it does.

I have SnagIt which I use, but that is only for still image capture.

I have FRAPS which also does not work for CO2.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Grim.Reaper

Hello, I own snag it and my version has a video recorder that seems to do a decent job. Not sure why your version doesn't have it unless maybe old or maybe the free version.

MarkShot

Yes. I have SnagIt from 2014. I am not sure if I am entitled to any updates, but you are correct; there is an option for video.

Stupid me! Thanks.

MarkShot

I learned something. (Have SnagIt 11.40; I think.) BACKUP YOUR PROFILES BEFORE MAKING CHANGES! :)

MarkShot

Thank you very much!

It took quite a bit of monkeying around to get a recording to start within CO2 on the primary display.

I can now make a PGE2 video that really can show off what PGE2 is capable of, since I think people are failing to see the possibilities.

Sadly, I don't think I can record any bugs as I don't see any way to record primary and secondary display simultaneously, but Dave and I got by 15 years with just screen shots, save games, and text descriptions. It will suffice.

MarkShot

Fantastic! I have video editing software. With two options: (1) Put slides of text inserted into the recording OR (2) Do subtitles.

I think I will do slides. So, when I get a chance of am going to put PGE2 through its paces on a really large map with an explanation of what is going on.

*budd*

What format does the game video's use? Does it have to play in the game? can it be converted?

*budd*

i meant the in game recorder, i looked it says .cor for extension wonder if it could be converted for editing.

*budd*

It's kinda cool, you get to jump in and play from any point. Dave's says the out of sync bug is fixed now.we just need to talk him into allowing more than 1 recording to be saved at a time.