Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

WaW Newbie: EGD First Moves thoughts

Ken Warren

As a WaW newbie, I started playing the First Moves scenario from EGD to learn the rules. Here's some ramblings after trying the scenario out a couple times with different US deployments:

1. I kept forgetting the concealment defensive bonus for the US.
2. Keeping the US closer to Eisenbach seemed to work better no matter where the Soviets came from. The long range fire (not having to try moving fire) did wonders.
3. Running out of ammo sucks. In one try, the US infantry was burning up the tanks, then ran out of ammo. They held there own (in a city) while being assaulted, but were eventually wiped out.
4. Getting lucky with Soviet activation certainly helps their cause. When Yankee is able go twice in a row, it usually means bad things happens to the Soviets.
5. Artillery is very helpful. I originally underestimated the power of HE artillery on AFVs. "It will only disrupt them" but that means that it's much easier to reduce or knock them out.

I'm sure there were some things I missed, but had fun with each play. Looking forward to more.