Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

WAW85 Miniature Play

ig j

Beside large unit cards featuring ranges for different scale miniatures, are there any other resources available in regard to miniature play rules?

Thanks
ig

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Beside large unit cards featuring ranges for different scale miniatures, are there any other resources available in regard to miniature play rules?

Thanks
ig

Hi! I'm not the minis expert on the team believe it or not, though I have played with a map generated from 3D printed hexes (!). Was there something specific for which you were looking?

Now that I think of it there are some 3D plastic marker aids here:

Litko Game Accessories:

- http://bit.ly/Litko-LnLP

ig j

Hi! I'm not the minis expert on the team believe it or not, though I have played with a map generated from 3D printed hexes (!). Was there something specific for which you were looking?

Now that I think of it there are some 3D plastic marker aids here:

Litko Game Accessories:

- http://bit.ly/Litko-LnLP

I'm thinking there should be more to Miniature Play than simple combat and movement range conversions. Terrain effects, command ranges, perhaps unit facing since we have stats for 28mm minis, any other advice how to make it work with minis, etc. I was expecting to see at least couple of chapters on the subject.

CRFout

WaW'85 is already a complete wargame. All you need to convert the rules to miniatures play is range/scale conversions. That's it. Use all the other rules as-is. It has terrain effects. It has command range.

Miniatures don't need facing rules any more than the hex and counter game does. You can house rule them if you like. (+1 armor save penalty to attacks from the rear 180 degrees, for example.) Remember, each unit is a platoon, not a single vehicle.