Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

WaW85 VASSAL Module

BravoCo

If possible, please add ability to rotate maps 90 degrees so that the long edge can be vertical. That way we can make the map(s) look similar to the images in the modules.

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Sorry! We tried to implement that, but VASSAL has no tools to rotate maps (Flip? Yes. Rotate? No). The only way to do that would have been to add rotated versions of the maps, which we tried. But doubling the number of map graphics put us through the hard-limit of the size (in MB) of a VASSAL module. Alas, we had no control over that.

However, the Tabletop simulator version has full rotation and zoom and even a stack inspector!

BravoCo

Hi Keith,
Thank you for explaining. Yes, I played my first TTS game over the weekend. It was fun. I will continue to use both VASSAL and TTS depending on what my opponents want or are familiar with. TTS definitely feels more like playing face to face, which I like a lot and is what attracted me to try wargaming (non-computer) to begin with, but VASSAL also has some neat features too. For example, LOS checks and handling stacks are more precise and clearing admin counters with the push of a button is nice too. Oh, logfiles are nice too. That being said, the feel TTS provides is really nice, and I like throwing actual, albeit, virtual dice! Finally, when I get comfortable with WaW85 and have found regular opponents, I wouldn't mind trying a team game on TTS, like was done at Virtual Dragoon Con 2020.
Jim

Last edited: