Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

We Stand Alone - Available Now

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
"Currahee" (We Stand Alone)

We Stand Alone – Battles of Easy Company is an expansion module for Lock 'n Load Tactical: Heroes of Normandy. Formed in 1942, and after almost two years of rigorous training, Easy Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division, dropped into Normandy, France, on D-Day, June 6th, 1944. By the end of the war, Easy Company was known as one of the best small units in the European Theater of Operations. The men of Easy Company have been immortalized in the book and mini-series Band of Brothers; now their story is played out in the dynamic medium of the Lock 'n Load Tactical system.

The We Stand Alone expansion module contains 15 scenarios, covering battles from the daring assaults on Brecourt Manor and Carentan, in Normandy, to the desperate defense of Hell's Highway and The Island, during Operation Market Garden, to the frigid foxholes of Bastogne and Noville, during The Battle of the Bulge. The scenarios can be played individually or in three five-scenario campaigns. Thirteen of the 15 scenarios are new designs, with two revised scenarios, plus a Brecourt Manor variant. Three new Maps, including winterized and revised Maps, bring the dramatic landscape of these battles to life: Entrenched German artillery positions in Normandy, an elevated dike and a watchful windmill in Holland, and chilly cratered forests of the Ardennes provide the setting; it's up to you to provide the leadership, heroics, and actions needed to win victory for the brave American paras or the obstinate Germans they faced.

The men of Easy Company were elite soldiers. Whether in the heat of battle or when battling the elements between contact with the enemy, they fought for each other. They fought for victory. And they fought for survival. Join the fight!

Requirements: To play We Stand Alone – Battles of Easy Company you must own Lock ‘n Load Tactical – Heroes of Normandy and Heroes of Normandy X-Maps or 4K X-Maps.

We Stand Alone - Cover1.jpg WeStandAlone1.jpg WeStandAlone2.jpg LNLT EasyCompany-Board15c-winter-1.jpeg LnLT-EasyCompany-Board67-summer2.jpeg LnLT-EasyCompany-Board65b-winter3.jpeg

Renzo Bulli

Mmm... let's see... Easy Company, winter maps, 15 scenarios, campaigns... I am not so sure I really want this...

Seriously, why didn't I know about this until today??? This is the type of expansion I have been dreaming about since I bought my first LnL game 15 years ago!

I can't wait to get my hands on this, congratulations to LnLP for a great new product.

The only thing that's "missing" is... some special leader counters with the names and faces of actual Easy Co. officers and NCOs. That would really be the icing on the cake...

Stefano G.

Well...
if i well remember, Richard Winter leader counter, plus someone else of Easy Co., were available in one of the first LOF issue ...i can check if i have its pdf version....

....Yep , just checked: in LOF # 2 there are Lt. Winter, Lt. Compton and Lt. Spiers counters...if you need them i can e-mail you

Last edited:

Barthheart

Staff member
Well...
if i well remember, Richard Winter leader counter, plus someone else of Easy Co., were available in one of the first LOF issue ...i can check if i have its pdf version....

....Yep , just checked: in LOF # 2 there are Lt. Winter, Lt. Compton and Lt. Spiers counters...if you need them i can e-mail you

Oh, good find. I'll have to dig up my copy of LoF#2... I've got all the pdf's around somewhere....

Barthheart

Staff member
LOF = Line of Fire, magazine from the old company. Most of that content has been incorporated into the Compendiums, so you may be able to find them there.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
It is for the Brecourt Manor scenario, which appeared in LOF02, then LNLT Compendium #1 and now in the coming We Stand Alone expansion. All three versions are slightly differents and only the one in LOF02 included the Winters, Compton and Spiers counters

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
As I wrote in my previous message, the Winters, Compton and Spiers counters were only made available in the LOF02 magazine. I think the original scenario surfaced on BGG but I can't find anything about it now, except a few picture of the map and coutners

I’m going to hold off ordering this until I want a boxed game in the future, expansion module $30 shipping to Australia $24 not very economical shipping for one item :(...thought it could just go in letter post?

Renzo Bulli

I have those LOF counters, but if my memory doesn't fail me they are home printed and mounted, since the first issues of the magazine were in .pdf format only. I for one would be prepared to dish out some cash for a sheet or two of professionally-produced expansion leader counters.

One of the very few complaints I have had concerning LnLT products since I became addicted to the system has been the limited number of leaders in certain modules and the general lack of variety in that department. I remember being particularly disappointed when In Defeat Defiance came out and I saw that the German paratrooper leaders were exactly the same as those in Band of Heroes.

While, for example, I perfectly understood why there could not be more leaders in Heroes of North Africa, not having some new Fallschirmjaeger officers in IDD was a big let-down. I did not mind the squads, half-squads, heroes, sniper and medic being identical to those in BoH (although I would have loved them to look different as their uniforms probably did in 1940, compared to 1944), but I thought that a good chance had been missed to give players a bit more variety to have fun with.

There's no impact on game-play, of course, but as someone pointed out on BGG (I think) some time ago, the visual element is also quite important, especially in a game such as LnLT with its amazing graphics and strong sense of narrative.

Definitely agree with Renzo Bulli on this, particularly since some of the Easy Company members are so well documented; somehow, Cpl. Medrow and Major Tom just don't cut it here. It would be helpful if they just posted a GIMP template to work with, as there are enough images available online to create other leaders (even though one would have to estimate their chit values).

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
We didn't want to make any of the older games not able to play any new modules. This was an issue I had to deal with once I bought the company. New core games will have new leaders and I look into a possible GIMP template but it may not be until next year.

David