Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Weapons Sounds

Can anyone offer me some insight to hiow weapons sounds are allocated to gameplay activities?

I don't find an obvious trigger in the Estabs that assigns a specific sound to a weapon, and thus, assume the weapon type classifications do the job when the weapon is used.

In particular, a user of a scenario I designed indicates that he hears small arms fire when naval weapons I developed for the estab are fired.

Their type classification is "gun" and all are bombardment type weapons assigned to an off shore "island" to emulate naval support.

In my play through I hear both heavy weapons and small arms firing at once, I presume this is because while the bombardments are occurring, the forces on shore also are firing at targets.

This isn't a showstopper in my opinion, but since sounds are part of the gameplay and I'm trying to learn more about how the game is constructed, I'd like some information on how the sounds are integrated as part of the design.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bie

Jim, I figured it out why your naval guns were using the small arms sounds.

Check out the performance tab of the weapons. The "calibre" should be a higher value as the game works in milimeter in stead of pounds.

A quick look at the guns:
USN 14/50 Naval Gun: 356 mm.
USN 8/55 Naval Gun: 200 mm.
USN 6/47 Naval Gun: 152 mm.
USN 5/38 Naval Gun: 127 mm.

If you put these calibres in your guns should have the correct bombard sounds.

Last edited:
Jim, I figured it out why your naval guns were using the small arms sounds.

Check out the performance tab of the weapons. The "calibre" should be a higher value as the game works in milimeter in stead of pounds.

A quick look at the guns:
USN 14/50 Naval Gun: 356 mm.
USN 8/55 Naval Gun: 200 mm.
USN 6/47 Naval Gun: 152 mm.
USN 5/38 Naval Gun: 127 mm.

If you put these calibres in your guns should have the correct bombard sounds.
Well, I learn something new!

I thought calbre was some arcane ratio of the tube width to the tube length rather than the tube width itself.

I'll make the corrections and hopefully everyone gets the sounds they want.

Thanks for the information and the assist!