Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

WEATHER

Kurt

I would like more detail and options for non historical weather
* air temperature should be critical factor, if air temp is at or below 0*C then precipitation can only be snow
if air temp is at or below 0*C then ground condition should be frozen unless its snowing in which case its snow
if air temp is above 0*C its either dry, mud or quagmire
if air temp is above 0*C immediately after a freeze then it should be thaw/slush/mud for half a day or so before it can deteriorate to quagmire
for every 100 meters of elevation temp drops by 1*C
two or more weather events per 24 hour, ie daylight and nighttime
variable fog density with its effect on visibility
quantity of previous precipitation determines probability of dry,mud or quagmire
*Just to clarify ; my issue is really about ground conditions not being linked in any way to air temp or pattern , ground conditions have to be predetermined in the editor.

*mines would be nice
*mechanical breakdowns
*non-combat related casualties ( during a two week period in the Hurtgen forest US infantry suffered aprox 4,500 combat losses and 2,000 non-combat losses, presumably trench foot and frost bite )
:hurting:

Last edited:

Kurt

Is anyone interested in my issue with the weather system ? maybe its just me :confused:

john connor

I also would like mines. I think there are already mechanical breakdowns - at least, tanks drop out without getting a message about casualties in their log, and I've always assumed that was a breakdown. And there are always mysterious casualties on the AAR page that I can't figure out - maybe disease! Never thought of that.

I've always been happy with the weather system. But sure, as with other things, I would second more realism where there's time for the developers to do it.

BUT, there is limited time. We all know that. And what I would REALLY like is work on the supply system to make it more user controllable (especially the routing of supply columns and the choice of base etc), a system of mounted ops and an EF pack. ;)