Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Welcome Panther Games

JeF

Gosh ! I saw the annoncement f the new publishing agreement tonight. I was trying to make some jokes about the possible re-edition of Trial of Strength. And here you are !! You beat me to it !
I'm glad for you Dave. As far as I know, ToS was a real labor of love back then.

What about Shanghai Trader ?? ;)

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Gosh ! I saw the annoncement f the new publishing agreement tonight. I was trying to make some jokes about the possible re-edition of Trial of Strength. And here you are !! You beat me to it !
I'm glad for you Dave. As far as I know, ToS was a real labor of love back then.

What about Shanghai Trader ?? ;)
Jean Francois how are you mate? Yes I would like to have Shanghai Trader republished too. I suppose if there is enough interest registered here David will give it a run.

Stefano G.

I just read TOFS in BGG (i did not know it) and i am very happy LnL is going to reprint it!...i can not wait to order it! :)

Brian Train

Designer / Developer
Website
brtrain.wordpress.com
I played so much ToS back in the day, always regretted letting go of my copy. Are there any changes in the game other than the map and counter art? (I don't like the icons, prefer NATO symbols at this scale but that's me)

John Rainey

David,

Could not help but see the Pre Order offer, seems things have moved along, can you give us an update? A question on the components the specs section mentions 4 maps, can you tell us what the sizes or or at least the total map footprint? Thanks.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi John

We are still working on the Map. We want to make sure to include all of Finland but at the same time make it optional. We understand gamers have limited room. We are also considering have the map in four parts but again this is not 100% final. As for the counters we done even more changes again wanting to make sure older games or shall I say the Elite Gamers have no problem viewing the counters. John Collins has done an excellent job of updating the rules. He has the rules broken into a starting and advance set to help gamers who have not played this game before. Let me be clear this is NOT a 100 new ideas into a classic. This game in 1985 was just about perfect when I played it back then. Bill Lawson has really giving the OOB the update it need now with all the new information that is available.

As we move forward we will of course be adding pictures and the rules will of course be made into a Living Rules Edition. So I hope that does answer some of your questions.

David

Hi!
I just saw this and preordered it. We really like the 1st edition and are really keen to play the 2nd edition. However, there are a few things that we struggled with from the first edition. Number one was the accumulation of replacement points, especially for the soviets. If the germans paused for just a few turns (like early spring 42 as I recall) the soviets quickly got so many replacements so that losses almost did not matter during the summer. Maybe we are the only ones with this problem, but perhaps some sort of upper limit could be a thing. The next thing we did not really got our heads around was the rail/supply conversion in southern Russia 41. We were never able to advance at the historical pace in the south. We also got the feeling that big encirclements seldom happens in the game, it is more effecient to kill of oos units rather than wait for them to become pow:s. Now it may sound like I am just complaining, but that is not the case. I still think this is the best EF game I have ever played and I have almost played them all! I hope to see this game on my table soon!
Cheers/Fred