Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Welcome to Command Ops

Bazza42

What will be the position of user made scenario's in this scheme?

I, personally, would like to see the method COMMAND have adopted whereby some of the known, reliable, modders have their scenarios 'adopted' - subject of course to their agreement, for inclusion as 'semi-official' scenarios which are distributed through the developers channel.
It seems to work well for them, as well as the customer, and there seems no particular reason why this could not be adopted once CO2 becomes available. I do realise that this somewhat strengthens the case for charging for the 'program upgrades' as otherwise it could be seen as supporting 'competitor' (free) products which would do nothing for the cash flow.

BigDuke66

Well well this is the new home of CO...
OK lets see how this goes, looking forward to get my hands on CO2.
Would it make any sense to post problems or suggestions related to CO1 on this board?

The Plodder

Hi everyone, haven't been involved with CO for a while now but I made the BFTB google earth tour, way back when. Looking forward to CO2. Like your new digs Dave.:)

john connor

And an incredibly useful tour it was! Welcome here Plodder! Been using your maps in FCRS too. Still use the google earth overlays for BFTB and COTA.

Peter

pekische

Hi everyone, haven't been involved with CO for a while now but I made the BFTB google earth tour, way back when. Looking forward to CO2. Like your new digs Dave.:)

Plodder, could you insert the link? It would be useful to have your great tour in this new forum....

RandallCReed

Hello. Curious to learn more. Since I have been chasing you guys around the 'net from Matrix. This started out as a simple quest to rediscover a very good Arnhem game that I bought 8 or 9 years ago and then lost when several computers crashed. I thought it was a Panther Games design, but it seems to have lost its identity somewhere in the transitions. Highway to the Reich looked promising, but I am just confused any more and I feel so stupid that I can remember neither the title nor the original publisher name, but just that it had elegant, mellow, graphics (unlike Korsun Pocket, for example), really good animation effects on bombardments, and a very good package of battle noises. Any clues?

Also, so all right already, you guys switched teams in October. It is now almost February and I want to spend some money on your Bulge/Arnhem package and I also heard of a $50 LnL package but this site is just a little confusing on first look and I am a bit frustrated. I can't seem to be able to buy your digital games online! Where did they go? Or are you playing with my affections? Do you want to share a release date or are you going to make me beg? Heartless, just heartless, you are!

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Welcome Randall. "Heartless" is a tad extreme I reckon.:stop::)

Cmd Ops 2 will come out very soon. I will be packaging up the files and uploading these to LNL on Monday . They will then develop the installer. Our private beat testers will then give it the once over. If there's any issues raised we will fix them. If not then we will release a public beta poste haste. There's been a lot of changes, so we won't go final till we're sure we've ironed out any show stoppers. But the beta build at the moment is pretty robust. While that is getting tested I will be converting the data content for the five starter modules. These should then be ready to go on sale a few weeks later. So you should be able to lay your hands on them in February. That's the closest you are going to get to a release date from me. I think its more heartless to fix a date knowing that it may well slip.

JeF

Hi Randall,

[...] am just confused any more and I feel so stupid that I can remember neither the title nor the original publisher name, but just that it had elegant, mellow, graphics (unlike Korsun Pocket, for example), really good animation effects on bombardments, and a very good package of battle noises. Any clues?

Airborne Assault Red Devils Over Arnhem published by Battlefront.com more than 10 years ago.

The old fan pages I maintained at the time are still up, though unmaintained since a looooong time. So for a trip down the memory lane, click below.
http://www.wargamer.com/hosted/dropzone/index.html

Knowing the dedication of the whole Panther Games team to upgrade and refine the engine at each release, I'd say waiting a couple of weeks is worth the wait...

john connor

Cool Jef. Hadn't even realised that forum was there back when I was playing AA. What was the tourney? Nothing like that seems to happen now. Did it just die a death?

JeF

What was the tourney? Nothing like that seems to happen now. Did it just die a death?

It was organised by Yakstock, one of the greatest competitive player at the time.
Given the real time nature of the game and the fact that the small community was spread accross different timezones, it was not easy for anyone to join and commit. It was quite some work to make it running. The tournament simply faded away.

RandallCReed

Welcome Randall. "Heartless" is a tad extreme I reckon.:stop::)

I think its more heartless to fix a date knowing that it may well slip.

Of course you're right Dave. I know what deadlines are like in the game biz. But, I am looking forward to your products and the ambiance that you create on your site. I am kinda hung up on the total player experience. I remain patient and hopeful. But, I have to warn you, I have been playing wargames for 55 years and designing them professionally since 1972, so I have some firm ideas of what constitutes a worthy game experience. You guys are all new to me, so I am primed to be pleasantly surprised! Let the good times roll!

RandallCReed

Hi Randall,

The old fan pages I maintained at the time are still up, though unmaintained since a looooong time. So for a trip down the memory lane, click below.
http://www.wargamer.com/hosted/dropzone/index.html

Knowing the dedication of the whole Panther Games team to upgrade and refine the engine at each release, I'd say waiting a couple of weeks is worth the wait...

Thank you, JeF. The old site was helpful. I admit, tho, it looks like HTTR was my old dream game, but I am more than willing to wait to see what the boys in the back come up with! :D

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
A-a-a-awwwwww. Daave! What are you trying to say? :angelic:
I was making a friendly jibe about your remark that we are all new to you, given that we've been around in wargames since 1985 and in regards to the Airborne Assault/Command Ops series since 2001. This written medium doesn't always carry the intent well. Please know that you are more than welcome here Randall. :)