Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Welcome to the Jungle scenario HOP

Ed Bonilla

Looking at scenario set-up for HOP, I believe the North indicated on map 31 is incorrect. The Japanese are attacking north from inland towards airstrip. I wonder if designer was confused because map shows beach and water which per scenario special rules are really light jungle and clear terrain.
Also, Japaneses Type 95 tanks are included in scenario depicting Sendai Division attack on US Army 164th regt.
Is that historical? Reading Guadalcanal by Richard Frank and there were no tanks involved from this inland part of the island.

Jeff Lewis

Looking at scenario set-up for HOP, I believe the North indicated on map 31 is incorrect. The Japanese are attacking north from inland towards airstrip. I wonder if designer was confused because map shows beach and water which per scenario special rules are really light jungle and clear terrain.
Also, Japaneses Type 95 tanks are included in scenario depicting Sendai Division attack on US Army 164th regt.
Is that historical? Reading Guadalcanal by Richard Frank and there were no tanks involved from this inland part of the island.

In the scenario they are attacking south, and all directional info in the scenario text is as it should be. The Japanese set-up in hexrows xx6, xx7 or xx8 of Map 31 (we included Map 38 to be used here instead, with the Light Jungle and Clear added, btw), and fight south to exit the bottom of Map 30, via hexrow 30xx8. I didn't design the scenario so I can't speak to its historical accuracy, e.g., the Type 95 tanks.

Ed Bonilla

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for reply,
LOL I see board 38 is the correct replacement. Fudge, all pieces are all set up on board 31.
Is there errata I should know about and where I can I find it for this game. I looked under resources...
Ed

Dave Webster

... we included Map 38 to be used here instead, with the Light Jungle and Clear added, btw ...
Can you clarify this comment for me? When HotP first arrived I noticed that Map 38 was (a) out of sequence with the other maps and (b) a duplicate of Map 31 on the terrain side with the water/sand hexes replaced by jungle on the opposite side. And looking at the scenarios, I never saw one that referenced Map 38. If it wasn't for the fact that the xmaps also had Map 38 I would have wondered if it was a mistake. Should we replace map 31 with map 38 in this scenario?

On a slightly related note, as a relative newcomer to LnLT (I have the original version of Forgotten Heroes but nothing recent until HotP and now HoN) is there a master list available where I can easily figure out which games belong to the new generation of LnLT WWII games (which I believe is HotP, HoN, and in the not-too-distant future Motherland, Defiance and then Africa) and also a list that identifies the maps available and some idea of their terrain and geography (e.g., Map 31: Jungle/Beach Pacific Theatre, Map xx: Urban European, ...). Personally, I would buy xmap packs to augment my gaming experience if I knew what they were and if they were fully compatible with the new releases.

I am a (very) long-time wargamer and yet I found the LnL selection both daunting and confusing. I can only imagine how a new member of our hobby might react!

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
I don't have the scenario in front of me but map 38 should replace map 31 for thIs scenario. Maybe we can release s map index so everyone knows what is what. The old LNL team numbered these maps and I know there are gaps in them. Let me be clear do not throw out your map 31. Jeff and I hated the fact that you had to use map 31 and pretend there were no beaches. So we decided to make another map with the beaches gone. The scenario should say use map 38 if it does not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff Lewis

Can you clarify this comment for me? When HotP first arrived I noticed that Map 38 was (a) out of sequence with the other maps and (b) a duplicate of Map 31 on the terrain side with the water/sand hexes replaced by jungle on the opposite side. And looking at the scenarios, I never saw one that referenced Map 38. If it wasn't for the fact that the xmaps also had Map 38 I would have wondered if it was a mistake. Should we replace map 31 with map 38 in this scenario?

Yes. We added Map 38 after the scenario booklet was printed. The game was long in waiting and it was something extra for having to wait. In later printings of the scenario booklet it will be added.

Jeff Lewis

On a slightly related note, as a relative newcomer to LnLT (I have the original version of Forgotten Heroes but nothing recent until HotP and now HoN) is there a master list available where I can easily figure out which games belong to the new generation of LnLT WWII games (which I believe is HotP, HoN, and in the not-too-distant future Motherland, Defiance and then Africa) and also a list that identifies the maps available and some idea of their terrain and geography (e.g., Map 31: Jungle/Beach Pacific Theatre, Map xx: Urban European, ...). Personally, I would buy xmap packs to augment my gaming experience if I knew what they were and if they were fully compatible with the new releases.

I am a (very) long-time wargamer and yet I found the LnL selection both daunting and confusing. I can only imagine how a new member of our hobby might react!

You've made the WW2 list of games here yourself. HotP, HoN, HotM, HiD, HoNA. Plus existing expansions: Dark July and Noville.

The current available X-maps are in the LnLT section on the Web site. http://store.lnlpublishing.com/lock-n-load?page=1

There are X-maps for HoN, HotP and Noville, so far. And they are described in the product as follows:

What are the X-Maps you ask? X-Maps simply put are larger maps able to be used with our Lock ‘n Load Tactical game series. X-Maps are the same as our standard maps in every way except they are comprised of larger hexes, which contain nearly twice the area of the standard hexes. X-Maps are 11” x 17” in contrast to the 8.25” x 12.75” dimensions of the standard maps.

There's been a list of Maps done somewhere. I can probably scare up a Word.doc. There are over 40 of them now.