Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

westwall loyalty discount

john connor

Anyone else get a mail offering 15% off WESTWALL? I assume it doesn't apply retrospectively, and I bought it already....

I'm not complaining really - glad for Panther to have the money - but the end result is that those who bought immediately are not rewarded - so it's not quite a loyalty bonus for us. But marketing is always like that, I guess.

But really, when you think of the work that went into Westwall, and compare the price to, say, my eating lunch at the local once a week (same price, roughly, food gone in ten minutes...) then I wonder ever that such marketing is needed.

Last edited:

John Regan

Yes I received the same offer but just like you had already bought it :facepalm:. Maybe it pays to wait after a module release???

john connor

But, on the subject of marketing, has anyone ever seen an advertising banner for CO2 at the top of these pages? All I ever see is LnL board games banners. I don't think I've seen much of anything about Westwall, and if people don't know it's out there they can't get it.

Peter

Last edited:

Gaetano

It 's absurd that after a short time a discount is applied. I l 'impression that command ops 2 is not selling much. Next time will buy after a year.

Laits

Good afternoon.

I'm really interested by your game et loyalty discount policy but I have already bought the westwall module.
Wil you do such kind of thing with the rest of the game ? I would be very interested in buying the whole commander pack but with a saving policy

cavan

I can't help feel a bit burned by seeing a discount only weeks after purchasing at full price.
I'm getting this with another game co. with a preorder I purchased & waited 2 yrs for, paid for the increased postage rate & within a few mos. is discounted less than what I paid, as an early supporter.
Better things come to those that wait.

gabeeg

I am glad I bought the module the first day...but this should have been called it an "On the Fence Discount" or "Early Black Friday" cuz we loyal customers probably have mostly bought already...this discount campaign was probably not well thought through before they hit the send button. In reality it is less a reward and more a campaign to to drum up more sales (nothing wrong with that...but maybe call it something different). I agree with the above, now I will wait awhile before purchasing the next module...I don't think this is the effect LnL wants, but that is what this encourages.

HariSeldon

Also learned my lesson. Will not purchase upon release any longer. I will wait for the discount.

*budd*

Tough crowd, maybe it should of just been a coupon for 15% off any module. I haven't got around to picking it up yet, always planned too, but will try to pick it up before the coupon expires, if not I think its fairly priced anyway.

Hector

For some reason i never got this email, anyone not using their code willing to give it to me please?

Hope this is ok to ask.

Kurt

Hey people , as a freelance climber/arborist I am certainly not rich but I consider the CO2 merchandise a bargain . I am not interested in scoring a small discount but rather in helping the CO2 gang stay in work and keep improving the best game system out there . " Heil LNL , heil CO2 , heil Dave " :playful:

john connor

Well, I guess you're not alone, Kurt, in wishing to support Panther, as nearly all the people commenting in this thread already did so by buying immediately, myself included when I already had the full pack (because I tested some of it) and didn't need to buy it at all, in fact. I think the loyalty of those commenting in here speaks for itself. I guess the query is about a 'loyalty' discount they can't use. And about marketing strategies. There wasn't much point in sending out a mail to all the people who already had the product, was there? I would think David (Heath) might re-think that now, as you're more or less guaranteed to just make people query it by doing that. And as far as those people go, it wasn't a good marketing strategy, I would think, a propos the next release. Because now they're all just thinking they'll wait, because no matter how much people wish to support Panther, and no matter how good the value for money, if you're given a choice of getting something later for less you might be inclined to wait.

As I said higher up, I myself would like to see more advertising for the product, rather than discounting it so soon. Earlier on, people had to post in threads asking Dave where it is!!!!! And - also as I said before - all I see at the top of these pages in here, for example, is adverts for LnL board games in the banner.

Last edited:

Kurt

Well, I guess you're not alone, Kurt, in wishing to support Panther, as all the people commenting in this thread already did so by buying immediately, myself included when I already had the full pack because I tested some of it. I think the loyalty of those commenting in here speaks for itself. I guess the query is about a 'loyalty' discount they can't use. And about marketing strategies. There wasn't much point in sending out a mail to all the people who already had the product, was there? I would think David (Heath) might re-think that now, as you're more or less guaranteed to just make people query it by doing that.
Fair point Peter , oh and " Heil Panther " :D

Kurt

Hey David Heath , listen to the voice of the people dude !:punch:

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Guys

First I am totally sorry if my choice of words was poor. We meant it as a good thing and not to be negative. I understand the mistake and will work with Dave to figure out a solution. To answer you banner question, yes of course we place banners on the top of the forum and on the main store site. I also posted on our Facebook page, Consimworld, Grogheads, etc. I have also featured the AAR on our article pages and also promoted them on other sites.

Dave and I talked about the discount together but the choice of the name was my doing guys, for that I am sorry. I ran Matrix for 12 years and many of you guys know me directly. I have always cared about our hobby and the games I released. Please let's not turn this into something it's not.

The bottom line here guys is I will talk with Dave and one of us will get back to you.

David Heath